Good afternoon,

Just aquired a BB for my wife and wanted to install Facebook. However when I use DM 4.7 whenever I want to install it says that there is a third party application which will be removed.

That third party application is to recognize some fonts which BB normally does not support. I really would like to install FB application but maintain that third party app.

Is there any walk through which is okay to use? Since I am a newbie and do not exactly know what to search for I cannot find any instruction except for backing up. Since I am not sure if that is the method can someone kindly confirm?

Best Regards,

MB
    06-29-09 06:49 AM
    When you go through the application loader on the DM and when it lists all the apps you can add or remove check to see if the 3rd party app that was going to be removed is checked or unchecked. If it is not checked then please check it and it should not get removed when going through loading facebook.
    06-29-09 08:18 AM
    When you go through the application loader on the DM and when it lists all the apps you can add or remove check to see if the 3rd party app that was going to be removed is checked or unchecked. If it is not checked then please check it and it should not get removed when going through loading facebook.
    Thanks, apperantly this app does not appear in DM (or not sure since I am a novis). I have tried as you mention but thanks for the effort. As I am used to other OS but never ever tried BB the skill of my understanding is very little.

It is not possible to install by web. It just say that the session is terminated. Trial and error seems a bit risky since my experiance is Zero!

Anyway, Thanks,

MB
    06-29-09 09:47 AM
    I finally managed to d/l to the device it self. Thanks for the input though.

Best Regards,

MB
    06-29-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD