Hello All,

I have a Blackberry Tour.

As of today, I have had Outlook Sync take a **** for the 10th time when trying to sync my BB with my Outlook. Needless to say, I am tired of Intellisync Error Unknown, and some random Intellisync code causing my phone to not sync at all.

I need to sync my Calendar, Address Book, tasks, Memo Pad, etc. It is necessary for work since we do not use a common server for Blackberries.

I am thinking of using Google Sync as an alternative, but I am curious about people's opinions of it. Is it easy to use? Do you like it? What sort of problems have you had with it? Etc. Etc. Etc.

I'm nervous about using it, as I hear horror stories of how it gets synced and then items don't transfer or update.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!
    06-17-10 05:16 PM
    I love it. Use it all the time. I had an issue once, but if you make sure that the defualt calendar is set properly on the device, you shouldn't have any issues.

I find it easy to use.
    06-17-10 05:24 PM
    I use it for Calendar and it's perfect. Never had a problem.

Tried it with contacts and found it was constantly duplicating. So I stopped using it and just use my phone contacts that I back up with DM.

Not sure if it syncs notes and tasks...I dont see it as an option in google sync app.

The new versions sync calendar entries both ways, which I like. My whole schedule for my personal training gym is on google calendar and Ive never missed an appt or had a problem due to an error...well, except my own...but other than that....google sync is cool.
    06-17-10 05:25 PM
    I use it for Calendar and it's perfect. Never had a problem.

Tried it with contacts and found it was constantly duplicating. So I stopped using it and just use my phone contacts that I back up with DM.

Not sure if it syncs notes and tasks...I dont see it as an option in google sync app.

The new versions sync calendar entries both ways, which I like. My whole schedule for my personal training gym is on google calendar and Ive never missed an appt or had a problem due to an error...well, except my own...but other than that....google sync is cool.
    Is there a specific setting so that you can do that--sync only Calendar and not contacts? I looked around on Google but didn't really see anything too specific about that.
    06-17-10 05:38 PM
    Is there a specific setting so that you can do that--sync only Calendar and not contacts? I looked around on Google but didn't really see anything too specific about that.
    Yep, when you go into Google Sync app on your phone, you have to set it up to sync contacts and calendars (as well as reminders).

Just choose the calendar sync and not the contact sync and you're all good.

And as Heavyfluid said, make sure your default services is set to the email you use for your calendar. go to Options>Advanced>Default settings and add your email.
    06-17-10 05:41 PM
    Great, thanks you guys! Do you know if there is a way to disable Outlook Syncing so that it would only sync with the BB and Google, and NOT Outlook?
    06-17-10 06:18 PM
    Simple syncing question. On my 8900, I set up gmail as my default calendar and hit sync after putting an entry on the bb as well as on the computer. The computer entry went through to the bb but the bb entry did not sync over to the computer. Is there something easy I'm missing?
    06-18-10 10:55 AM
    Do a search, and you'll see that there are many issues with Google Sync - I used it for several weeks, and wanted badly to like it, but it's got serious problems for many users, and was not dependable at all for me....
    06-18-10 11:05 AM
    I read the same issues. I don't have mine set to do it automatically (don't like things managed for me) so I will do a sync when I want too and then double check to make sure it went the way it should. More hands on but more control.
    06-18-10 01:11 PM
    Setting up and running Calendar took some time for me but now all seems to be well. I love the ability to let my wife check the calendar when she forgets a meeting on my schedule. Great app IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD