I downloaded the quicklaunch app. Maybe is it best to get that up front and then get them off of that? It seems I have some here and some there. I feel disorganized and my type A personality is kicking in and I don't like it! I want to organize it! There are apps everywhere! (Ok so not everywhere but like a few places) I am reading this book that tells me ...well....nothing and I have looked around the forum and don't see anything, but this QL thing I sort of gathered may help? So I bought it and now I am like WTH is this? So anyhow if you are a neatfreak like me this bound to drive you a little bonkers right?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. So sorry for the annoying new person question. I promise I really am trying!
    11-01-09 12:29 AM
    You can move all your icons to the home screen, just highlight the icon you want to move to the home screen, hit the BB button and select move and it will give you the option of moving it home. Of course having everything on one screen can be a pain so hide the ones you dont use. Just my two cents
    11-01-09 12:31 AM
    Yes QL will help you with that. I put all my apps in one folder and hide things I never use to clean things up. I have things like the QL icon and captureit in the settings folder. Settings folder is where I put all my icons that are utility and I don't really want them laying around.
    You should just play around with QL. You can get it set up just the way you want it and figure out what you need to leave on the app screen.
    11-01-09 12:35 AM
    Yes QL will help you with that. I put all my apps in one folder and hide things I never use to clean things up. I have things like the QL icon and captureit in the settings folder. Settings folder is where I put all my icons that are utility and I don't really want them laying around.
    You should just play around with QL. You can get it set up just the way you want it and figure out what you need to leave on the app screen.
    Ok. I def. need to play around with QL. It had such rave reviews and I downloaded it and I was like..."Ummmm so now what"? LOL!
    11-01-09 09:35 AM
    You can move all your icons to the home screen, just highlight the icon you want to move to the home screen, hit the BB button and select move and it will give you the option of moving it home. Of course having everything on one screen can be a pain so hide the ones you dont use. Just my two cents
    Thanks! This is helpful. I figured out how to hide some of the ones that I do not use by playing around but this was confusing me.
    Do you have any idea how to move the FB app from under "applications" to under downloads with the rest of them?
    Thanks!
    Summie
    11-01-09 10:33 AM
    i sorted my apps then put them in folders I created then put the folders on the main screen.
    11-01-09 10:34 AM
    Ok. I am getting this! Thanks!!!! You guys are great! I really appreciate it! This is such a learning curve and I appreciate your patience. I am probably really annoying I know!
    What about a map program. Does the VZ navigator cost an addtl. monthly fee? Or is there a mapprogram I should know about?
    11-01-09 10:44 AM
    Ok. I am getting this! Thanks!!!! You guys are great! I really appreciate it! This is such a learning curve and I appreciate your patience. I am probably really annoying I know!
    What about a map program. Does the VZ navigator cost an addtl. monthly fee? Or is there a mapprogram I should know about?
    VZ Nav is $10/mth. If you need a GPS navigator app, Garmin makes a good one, but it will cost you $99 ($79 with a discount code). However, it's a one time purchase with no monthly fees.

If you don't need voice navigation, just go to m.google.com/maps and get the Google Maps app for BB. It's much better than the BB Maps app that comes with the phone IMO.
    11-01-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks! Will that work in conjunction with ponynt? It says I do not have a navigation to support it. (google) I should probably get a voice system for my car. I am forever lost.
    11-01-09 10:55 AM
    Google will work within Poynt. Poynt will give you an option in settings to set Google Maps as the default mapping service.
    11-01-09 10:58 AM
    Ok thank you. You always get stuck responding to my calls for help. LOL.
    11-01-09 11:03 AM
    No problem...after a year of owning the Storm1, it's easy for a lot of us to help out this time around.
    11-01-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD