I was a person who send texts via speach to text app for his verizon droid. Is there such a thing for the BB Torch?
    02-13-12 12:44 PM
    I was a person who send texts via speach to text app for his verizon droid. Is there such a thing for the BB Torch?
    You have quite a few options. Vlingo, Say it, Drive.Safely. All these can be found in app world. You'll just have to find out which one works best for you. Also, fyi, they aren't free.
    02-13-12 03:06 PM
    You have quite a few options. Vlingo, Say it, Drive.Safely. All these can be found in app world. You'll just have to find out which one works best for you. Also, fyi, they aren't free.
    and none of them works any good
    02-13-12 03:32 PM
    and none of them works any good
    Well aren't you the bearer of bad news!!!! Lol. Let em form their own opinion please!
    02-13-12 03:58 PM
    I use Vlingo all the time and have never had a problem. It works quite well for me. I would recommend it. I tried Drive safely but found it to be a little flaky.
    02-13-12 04:03 PM
    Vlingo works surprisingly well. I sent an unedited email to an Android friend of mine who was bragging about how good Google Talk is and Vlingo beat the pants off Google's huge and ridiculous errors. It especially works good for internet browsing searches because they don't have to be perfect (usually).

It was free under the gifting program RIM had at the end of the year. If you missed that you'll have to pay, but if you downloaded and deleted it, you can reload for free.
    02-13-12 07:59 PM
    OK. I downloaded Vlingo. With that if I want to use it I have to give up my camera key on the side! I had Drive Safely on my old Storm I will download that one again and try it on the Torch this way I can compare and keep the one I like. The Vlingo was free. BTW thanks to all who replied.
    02-14-12 07:30 AM
    OK. I downloaded Vlingo. With that if I want to use it I have to give up my camera key on the side! I had Drive Safely on my old Storm I will download that one again and try it on the Torch this way I can compare and keep the one I like. The Vlingo was free. BTW thanks to all who replied.
    Try MediaKeyBooster - It allows you to handle single, double and tripple click on the buttons..
    02-14-12 07:33 AM
    Try MediaKeyBooster - It allows you to handle single, double and tripple click on the buttons..
    Thanks I will try em all!
    02-14-12 07:42 AM
    Is anyone who is succesfully using Vlingo running 7.1? I am running 7.1 and vlingo opens when I hit the convenience key but doesn't act like it hears anything.

Also, I forgot, its the Torch 9850.
    Last edited by SuperDarius; 02-15-12 at 03:53 PM. Reason: left out model
    02-15-12 03:53 PM
    You can also try Extra Keys by Shao-soft. Great app, simple, lightweight AND on sale this week.

Buy ExtraKeys - Launch apps with volume and mute keys - Download ExtraKeys - Launch apps with volume and mute keys - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Is anyone who is succesfully using Vlingo running 7.1? I am running 7.1 and vlingo opens when I hit the convenience key but doesn't act like it hears anything.

I have the same set-up as you, and Vlingo is working fine for me EXCEPT bluetooth. It will take input via the built-in mic, but NOT via bluetooth. You can work around it by disabling bluetooth within the Vlingo settings.

A few of us have contacted Vlingo support about it and the short message is that it is an issue with 7.1 and they are working on it for a future update.

See if disabling the bluetooth and rebooting solves your issue
    02-15-12 04:02 PM
    You can also try Extra Keys by Shao-soft. Great app, simple, lightweight AND on sale this week.

Buy ExtraKeys - Launch apps with volume and mute keys - Download ExtraKeys - Launch apps with volume and mute keys - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I have the same set-up as you, and Vlingo is working fine for me EXCEPT bluetooth. It will take input via the built-in mic, but NOT via bluetooth. You can work around it by disabling bluetooth within the Vlingo settings.

A few of us have contacted Vlingo support about it and the short message is that it is an issue with 7.1 and they are working on it for a future update.

See if disabling the bluetooth and rebooting solves your issue
    Well I am glad its not just me. I tried the reboot and disabling bluetooth but it didn't help. I guess I will be waiting for that future update. Thanks!
    02-15-12 04:52 PM
    Well I am glad its not just me. I tried the reboot and disabling bluetooth but it didn't help. I guess I will be waiting for that future update. Thanks!
    No Problem. Out of curiosity, did you run through the whole set-up process with Vlingo?
    02-15-12 06:11 PM
    I am using Vlingo Plus on 7.1 (.190, then .205, and now .258) - have not had any problems with BT.
    02-15-12 10:11 PM

I've upgraded to all the flavors of 7.1 for my 9810. Vlingo works perfectly on all of them. Including with bluetooth. All my headsets are Plantronics -- Backbeat 903+ stereo, Voyager Pro+ A2DP, Discovery 975. The last one doesn't do music, but Vlingo still pipes its audio through it. And Vlingo hears me fine with all three or using the phone's mike if BT is off.
    02-16-12 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD