I want to know if there is an app that allows you to see what service carrier (Verizon, T Mobile, Sprint, etc) a caller is on before answering a call. Any info?
    11-02-09 06:59 PM
    Not entirely sure how that would work. The device carrier ID doesnt matter, nor does the phone number. people can move between carriers easily. At some point that routing information goes through the carrier/landline network, just not sure you can access it.
    11-02-09 07:01 PM
    I have Verizon and would like to know when another Verizon caller calls me, that way I can talk as long as I want. If it's AT&T, I may not answer, unless it's important (to save minutes, of course).

There's got to be a way ... b/c Verizon knows when it's a Verizon caller, as indicated on the detailed billing. I'm sure that Verizon would be able to immediately tell you whether it's a verizon number or not.

So ... the app would probably have to come from Verizon (which would probably not be free). Then all I would need to know if it's a Verizon number calling me ... or not. Basically the only service id I would need would be one that would indicate Verizon.
    11-05-09 05:19 PM
    There must be a way. If I go to canada411.ca and type in a cell phone number it doesn't tell me who it is, but it tells me the carrier its registered to more often than not.
    11-05-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD