I know there are a few Battery Pull Apps, but are there any apps that just bring up the actual Storm Reboot function?
    I took a picture of the screen to show what I'm talking about.
    I would love an App that just brings up this function to do a Reboot the way that RIM intended it.
    06-21-09 01:59 AM
    Meterberry's reboot brings up this screen but quickpull's reboot is no different. A reboot is a reboot is a reboot.
    06-21-09 02:22 AM
    Thank you for the reply!
    I have never tried any of the Batt. pull apps and just had this screen pop up and figured the RIM function would make sure everything is closed before rebooting, as where a 3rd party app may not.
    So it sounds like meterberry is much more than bringing up that screen.
    I was hoping more for press the icon and bring up that screen.
    I don't have battery or memory issues so I have no need for a bulky app. but do at times want to do a reboot, much the way I do my PC.
    Maybe I will contact the MeterBerry author and see if he can kick out a stripped down Ver. as a freebie.
    Thanks Again!
    06-21-09 02:31 AM
    Try quickpull. I believe once you hit the quickpull button it will bring up that same message. oh yeah and its free
    06-21-09 03:11 AM
    Sorry, but when you say "try this I think it does that" that is of no help.
    All I want is an icon that when pressed brings up that RIM REBOOT screen.
    Nothing else!
    Thanks
    06-21-09 03:43 AM
    So you want to just know whether or not it exists, but you're not going to ever download and try it? very weird...
    06-21-09 06:05 AM
    QuickPull will bring up that screen and automatically click the reboot button for you. It can also schedule a daily reboot but that's about all it does. Try it out and if you don't like it they'll double your money back
    06-21-09 07:44 AM
    Battery Pull App = Reboot App

All soft-reset applications bring up the same screen.
    06-21-09 08:29 AM
    Ok, well I just tried Quickpull and it does not bring up that screen it does bring up a similar screen that says device must restart or something.
    It's amazing how you ask a question for something specifically and people suggest something totally different. :/
    06-21-09 09:16 AM
    Ok, well I just tried Quickpull and it does not bring up that screen it does bring up a similar screen that says device must restart or something.
    It's amazing how you ask a question for something specifically and people suggest something totally different. :/
    The end result is exactly the same.

Why do you want to see the specific screen you show in the screenshot?

RIM uses different wording depending on the action that requires a reboot - removing an application that is in use, installing a newer version of an application that is in use, etc. Your screenshot is just one type of reboot dialog. The end result is always the same. A reboot.
    06-21-09 09:24 AM
    it amazes me how people are so picky, meterberry brings it up, but both accomplish the same damn thing. The phone gets rebooted.
    06-21-09 09:24 AM
    The only difference I could discern is yours said it would reboot automatically in 7 minutes indicating that you've done something that requires a reboot, QuickPull brings up the screen briefly (sans the 7 minute warning) and clicks the "Reboot Now" button for you. What exactly are you looking for and why do you think it would be different?
    06-21-09 09:32 AM
    Battery Pull is a Reboot.
    A reboot can be acomplished with a battery pull.

Maybe you can put a sticker over the battery pull icon with a reboot sticker if it helps.
    06-21-09 10:45 AM
    Meterberry do it on the Storm... It show you the battery and memory stats... 2.99$ well invested...
    06-21-09 10:51 AM
    If you don't want to pay use Quickpull. If you want to pay use Meterberry. I use QP and set to auto reboot every morning at 6AM. I also have Meterberry but that's for other OCS BB issues I have.
    06-21-09 11:05 AM
    If you don't want to pay use Quickpull. If you want to pay use Meterberry. I use QP and set to auto reboot every morning at 6AM. I also have Meterberry but that's for other OCS BB issues I have.
    i dont get why people have both? you can set meterberry to reset at a schedule time just as quickpull does. So why install both?
    06-21-09 11:15 AM
    Try quickpull. I believe once you hit the quickpull button it will bring up that same message. oh yeah and its free
    Yup, Quickpull is great you can setup a schedule so it does it the reboot thing daily, I do it at 3am so it doesn't interfere with my daily activities.

And just like manny said the price is perfect.
    06-21-09 01:41 PM
    There are a few apps out there doing phone reboot.

a) Quick pull. I think this is the oldest one. It works on most of old devices, but seems not working at all on some latest devices, I have heard complains about it. I tested on my two devices, it works on 8310 but not storm. it offers a free version with advertisement; but since I am having a corporate, I cannot use it because I don't want unwanted data traffic get recorded on the companies gateway.

b) A+ Reset. It works on both of my devices. It offers a 7 day free trial. It has a unique feature I don't see on other reset app, which is one key press reset. I end up set one side key as shortcut to the A+ Reset shortcut. I like this feature because sometimes the phone does not respond well, I couldn't even launch the app. Press a key to reset always work well. I had to pay $2.99 to buy this app v2.0.2.

c) ResetMe. This one is not stable; and I think it tries to offer you too much advertisement, which make it awful slow. And it works on one of my device but not the other one. It offers a free version but I think nobody wants to keey this app.

d) PBTaskManager. This one works on my 8310. But does not work on my Storm, it seems try to download and install something. I am suspecting it is also trying to collect my device information, so have a little bit concern about it. It is too expensive ($6.99) as it offers features beside rebooting phone.
    05-30-10 10:26 PM
    You could always create a contact.

I saw where you can add ##000000 as the phone number, enter VZW as the password, hit save and Reset is performed.

Actually, forget about it .... u would follow it exactly and screw it up.
    05-31-10 03:58 PM
    damn a year old thread almost....
    05-31-10 04:31 PM
    Seems to be a lot of them popping up lately. The Storm forums are so dead I think people are getting desperate for information and they're digging deroer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 06:22 PM
    I just want my privacey back. Steelthorn does not get to know my location for no reason.

I am really interested in the OP's original question, I dont want more than the RIM "reboot now" screen to come up. Why cant anyone do that? Why does everyone need to act like they know a "better way" and recommend the same old app that seems to intrude upon the ignorant masses?
    06-07-10 10:56 AM
    I was going to curse http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fl...r-idea-237474/ straight to hades, but changed my mind at the last minute

there, I damned a year old thread, almost

anyway, I use Meterberry, and find that with these later Storm 1 OS's I no longer need to schedule daily reboots
    06-07-10 03:31 PM
    I was going to curse http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fl...r-idea-237474/ straight to hades, but changed my mind at the last minute

there, I damned a year old thread, almost

anyway, I use Meterberry, and find that with these later Storm 1 OS's I no longer need to schedule daily reboots
    Does it require me to share personal info that is irrelevant to the app? (like location, speed and/or email)? I have noticed ghat even poynt wants email access upon os boot up...go figure?
    06-07-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD