I am looking for a BB program that will run in the background 24/7, and 'move' the trackball/cursor/wheel (doesn't matter which) at a set regular frequency.

This would in-effect prevent my Curve 8330 from password-locking itself every 15 minutes. I have a corporate phone with BES IT policies - I don't want to mess with the phone's policy (since I would probably spend 1 week figuring it out, only to either a) have the policy sent right back the phone or b) get in trouble).

The simple work around (since I can install programs) would be a simple loop program that 'nudged' the cursor periodically (for me, every 14 minutes, since my timeout is set for 15 minutes (I cannot change this setpoint)).

Has anyone heard of such a program??

Thanks in advance!
    02-20-09 10:26 AM
    I am looking for a BB program that will run in the background 24/7, and 'move' the trackball/cursor/wheel (doesn't matter which) at a set regular frequency.

This would in-effect prevent my Curve 8330 from password-locking itself every 15 minutes. I have a corporate phone with BES IT policies - I don't want to mess with the phone's policy (since I would probably spend 1 week figuring it out, only to either a) have the policy sent right back the phone or b) get in trouble).

The simple work around (since I can install programs) would be a simple loop program that 'nudged' the cursor periodically (for me, every 14 minutes, since my timeout is set for 15 minutes (I cannot change this setpoint)).

Has anyone heard of such a program??

Thanks in advance!
    Wouldnt it be less taxing to just have your IT change the setting to something a little longer? 15 minutes seems relatively short for phone inactivity.

02-20-09 04:58 PM
    It's a gov't sponsored phone, and even though I have nothing to do with anything remotely "classified" or sensitive, the 15min rule is hard & fast - so IT won't change it.
    02-20-09 09:13 PM
    hmm not sure if this app would override the default lock settings you have

TinyLock

theres a setting to only lock it when youre on the homescreen.. and a setting in MS to delay how long it takes to lock after your screen dims.

thought id atleast mention it. i remembered reading your thread yesterday and came across this today.
    02-21-09 01:57 PM
    No luck with Tiny Lock...good suggestion though.

I can't believe no one has written something to prevent corporate lock out!
    03-09-09 07:37 PM
    in the upcoming weeks myself and a few others are going to try our hands on making a few apps. this is something that i will consider attempting.
    03-09-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD