OK, My brand spanking new VZW 9650 is running Weatherbug, UberTwitter, Bolt, wifi is on. I next open Facebook and boom! It reboots! I was shocked. That's never happened before to me using a BB. I had a horrible flashback to my Palm Centro days.

I thought having 312K of free memory gave me plenty of headroom to multitask. Am I wrong?
    06-09-10 02:13 AM
    You should be able to run more than 4 or 5 apps at once. At any given time I'll have appox 10 apps running and the phone is smooth.
    06-09-10 06:26 AM
    there are several factors that come into play.. particularly the quality of the apps you are running... some are runtime, connection and battery hogs...others are clean and efficient..
    So, given that, as you have more apps and more apps running in the background, you could expect to see less battery life, occasional lag, then some increased lag and general sluggishness ...until the point you get frustrated enough to clean up your system.

At no time should a reboot occur, unless there is a crappy app on your system... and you have at least one.. facebook... but to confirm this you need to simply collect more data.. try experiments with different apps running to see if there is correlation or conflict with some apps..

iif it does turn out to be facebook..just dont use it.. the web page and im+ messenger does everything you need.
    06-09-10 06:47 AM
    same here, running ubertwi, bolt, opera, faceb, buzzme, linkedin and msn as we speak.
    phone(9000) running smooth, no problems
    06-09-10 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD