Lets say I am in my Message folder.. when I click on Menu there are a variety of options (eg. Help, Open, File, Mark Unopened, Save, Reply, etc). The Close option just happens to be at the end. Is it possible to scroll up to bring it immediately to the Close option as supposed to scrolling all the way down to Close? I know c is a shortcut as well. But I don't want to switch from the trackball to the keyboard constantly. Thanks.

Calvin
    06-10-09 10:20 PM
    To exit the app, instead of menu > close, you could just press and hold the back arrow button. Although, the messages app doesn't close. It's one of the only apps that remains open.
    06-10-09 10:23 PM
    My understanding is that the back button does not fully exit the app (It's kind of like minimizing a Windows on a PC right?). There are apps with a long menu list. I was wondering if I could just scroll up a little and bring it to Close instead of scrolling all the way down? Thanks.
    06-10-09 10:45 PM
    Holding the back button down will close most apps. You can't fully close the message folder, it as well as the browser, bb mes. phone and home screen are always running. The only thing that I use the "menu" "close" method with are camera, video camera,and media.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:42 PM
    No you cant scroll up a little as the highlight will not circle around, therefore, when it reaches the top, it wont circle back around to the bottom option. you have to scroll down. same as if it reaches the bottom, yo have to scroll back up.
    06-11-09 01:47 AM
    But it is a good idea/suggestion imo.

06-11-09 02:08 AM
    My understanding is that the back button does not fully exit the app (It's kind of like minimizing a Windows on a PC right?). There are apps with a long menu list. I was wondering if I could just scroll up a little and bring it to Close instead of scrolling all the way down? Thanks.

the messaging application does not fully close.. ever

if your reading messages its safe to just use the back button the application doesn't close
    06-11-09 03:44 AM
    After displaying the menu, you can press the first letter of any menu choice as a shortcut. "C" for close - of course, if there are other menu items beginning with the same letter you may need to repeat. But it does avoid scrolling :-)

06-11-09 09:33 AM
    After displaying the menu, you can press the first letter of any menu choice as a shortcut. "C" for close - of course, if there are other menu items beginning with the same letter you may need to repeat. But it does avoid scrolling :-)

Exactly what I do. It really cuts down the scrolling.

06-11-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD