I may have found my first major complaint against blackberry. All my others were against my specific device (curve 3G) but this one is referring to blackberry as a whole.

On Android there is an app called vlingo. On vlingo, there is a capability called car mode. When in Car Mode, you may say (without pushing a button), "Hey Vlingo" it will respond with a custom response that will allow you to say a few command, specifically the ones im interested in are call and text.

On blackberry there is an app called vlingo and while it will tell you your messages, it will not let you reply without pushing a button. Is there a free app that lets me call and text without any physical interaction while driving?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 06:41 PM
    The only way I do it is to sync with my car and the uconnect system that came with it allows me to give verbal commands but like you I couldn't find an app for that. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    05-05-12 06:55 PM
    05-05-12 07:24 PM
    I may have found my first major complaint against blackberry. All my others were against my specific device (curve 3G) but this one is referring to blackberry as a whole.
    How this has Anything to do with Blackberry beats me,.. it refers to lack of a feature of an app - made by a 3rd party.... so complaints should go to them..

Have you tried to e-mail Vlingo about your "issue"?

You can find their contact page here: Contact | Vlingo

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-05-12 07:28 PM
    How this has Anything to do with Blackberry beats me,.. it refers to lack of a feature of an app - made by a 3rd party.... so complaints should go to them..

Have you tried to e-mail Vlingo about your "issue"?

You can find their contact page here: Contact | Vlingo

I am speaking of the Blackberry Platform as a whole. By platform, I mean the apps that are included among it.
    05-05-12 08:36 PM
    Why don't you just go to Vlingo and download the BB version?
    05-05-12 09:54 PM
    I do have Vlingo, but as I said, it does not have some very important features that the Android version has.
    05-05-12 09:56 PM
    I do have Vlingo, but as I said, it does not have some very important features that the Android version has.
    You asked for a call and text feature which it has. What feature is missing that you want exactly?
    05-05-12 10:33 PM
    The missing feature is "In car mode" which when enabled allows you to speak "Hey Vlingo" rather then push a button. While nothing more then a novelty on the street or whatever, while driving, it is a great feature.
    05-05-12 10:36 PM
    Have you tried to send Vlingo support an email with some feedback on the feature you would like? Can you request the "in car" feature to be included in an update for the BlackBerry application? See what their thoughts are on the matter.
    05-05-12 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD