Heya! Had a few questions about quickpull...

1. Is it as effective as doing a battery pull?
    2. Are there different versions? Which is the best for free?

02-02-10 03:16 PM
    There's only two versions of it, free and not free. Comparison here: http://steelthorn.com/wp-content/upl...omparison1.pdf

Not sure about the first question. I got QuickPull partly because I'm nervous about yanking the battery out and possibly breaking something, and the one time I tried to pull the battery out I had a heck of a time so it's just too much of a pain XD
    02-02-10 03:41 PM
    1) It is the same (to your phone) as doing a battery pull

2) the free version should be fine. The paid version adds the ability to schedule download by the day, rather than every day
    02-02-10 03:46 PM
    I'm nervous about yanking the battery out and possibly breaking something, and the one time I tried to pull the battery out I had a heck of a time so it's just too much of a pain XD
    Me too. This is a great app.
    02-02-10 04:54 PM
    I used to love quickpull free on my 9000. I put it on my 9700 and had nothing but problems. It would hang up and freeze the phone and I would have to do a battery pull. I dumped the app. I really don't mind since it was free anyway.

I got quicklaunch and added reset to the menu. Works like a dream.

As far as hurting the berry by removing the battery, I really don't see that as being a problem. You should at most only need to do a battery pull once a month.
    02-02-10 05:11 PM
    1) It is the same (to your phone) as doing a battery pull

2) the free version should be fine. The paid version adds the ability to schedule download by the day, rather than every day
    Good advise! It makes no sense to pay.
    02-02-10 08:14 PM
    I used to love quickpull free on my 9000. I put it on my 9700 and had nothing but problems. It would hang up and freeze the phone and I would have to do a battery pull. I dumped the app. I really don't mind since it was free anyway.

I got quicklaunch and added reset to the menu. Works like a dream.

As far as hurting the berry by removing the battery, I really don't see that as being a problem. You should at most only need to do a battery pull once a month.
    I agree, Quickpull does not play well with the 9700. i had to delete it. i have quicklaunch archived in AppWorld from my 9000, I guess I'll try what yoou did
    02-02-10 09:04 PM
    Hm I've used it a few times on my 9700 without problem...initially I had problems with it (and other things) but once I got the device reset (ironically) all was fine again.
    02-03-10 11:17 AM
    Nothing replaces the battery pull. In order for a true reboot to occur the device and it's resistors need to "die", meaning the power source must be removed. The OS cannot replicate a "Power Loss" so that's why QuickPull is not the same. QP is however a good way to free up memory in between battery pulls. If you download a 3rd party app, theme, or device is acting buggy, you want to do a battery pull...
    02-03-10 11:26 AM
    Nothing replaces the battery pull. In order for a true reboot to occur the device and it's resistors need to "die", meaning the power source must be removed. The OS cannot replicate a "Power Loss" so that's why QuickPull is not the same. QP is however a good way to free up memory in between battery pulls. If you download a 3rd party app, theme, or device is acting buggy, you want to do a battery pull...
    Not to be nitpicky, but it's the capacitors that need to drain, not resistors.
    02-03-10 12:15 PM
    Not to be nitpicky, but it's the capacitors that need to drain, not resistors.
    That's what I ment, but I think people get the point. Nothing replaces the battery pull, and with how much applcation memory the newer devices have, it's really not needed...
    02-03-10 12:48 PM
    I liked it more on the 9000. There are only 2 versions:the free and the paid v. I hate this last version,they've added an ok check!Hate that,bastards. But I use it whenever I need to reboot,no daily reboot sch like on the 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 01:07 PM
    the last version kinda sucked compared to the old 'simple' one

But yea... free version will do its job, no need to pay for the full version
    02-03-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD