So the iphone app store has been officially released and there've been lotsa new apps contending for the hearts of the masses.

We all know BB is where the money's at, so this is what I'm wondering: is there an app like the new iphone's box office which gives you the latest movie times and Rotten Tomato (doesn't have to be RT) scores. This'd be wonderfully useful, I don't wanna have to goto browser every time.

Box Office: Very simple, incredibly usefulógives you a full list of movie showtimes sorted by name, your location (manual zipcode entry or GPS/celltower reading) or Rotten Tomato rating and kicks you to Fandango to buy tickets. So much better than hitting Google for showtimes in Safari. Free. -John Mahoney
    via IPhone Apps: iPhone App Review Marathon Liveblog

Any insight'd be great thanks!
    07-11-08 02:55 AM
    TellMe does a good job, but as of yet it doesn't work with OS 4.5. If you are still on 4.2 it should work fine.
    07-11-08 03:19 AM
    movies.aol.com works well enough for me!
    07-11-08 03:39 AM
    actually i just came across mypoynt

its perfect!!
    07-11-08 04:24 AM
    I believe there are at least a dozen different apps that offer movie theater/movie info. Some ones I located in google search:

Pocket Express
    Yahoo Go
    Berry411
    Beyond411
    Infospace Findit
    Tellme
    Mypoynt
    Mobileplay

You can search softpedia, Download .com, getjar, handango, and probably a dozen other places. But these are my favorites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 07-11-08 at 07:29 AM.
    07-11-08 07:23 AM
    Live Search works pretty well too.
    07-11-08 09:34 PM
    i use Beyond411
    07-11-08 09:45 PM
    Live Search for me
    07-11-08 09:47 PM
    I use yahoo go.
    07-11-08 10:06 PM
    Out of curiousity can addresses in beyond411 be copied or sent to other apps in some way? For example send it to sprint navigation (telenav). I wanted to do that in google maps but there is no way to copy or send the addresses. I find googles directory of places to be pretty inclusive. I have even found stuff in it that no longer exists but that's ok since a call ahead can confirm. I'd rather have closed places that missing stuff that is open. If beyond411 can copy or transfer addresses then I definately want to check it out. I glanced at their web page and it looks like they have all sorts of plugins which makes the software very customizable and would be very useful to me if I don't have to manually type out infio from it elsewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD