My blackberry has been glitching ever since the hybrids. I don't mean like its slows down or is slow when switching orientation i mean, the contrast reverses and wont go back till the backlight turns off, or lines go through the whole screen or the keyboard doesnt update when typing. So I backed up all my stuff wiped my whole blackberry. Now when i restore my stuff all my wirelessly retrieve programs (ota programs I downloaded) are not there... So I have a feeliing backup means it backs up everything but wireless, which I find cheap. Anyways is it backed up somewhere on my computer? or I have to go find them one by one online and download again?

Very Important to mention to everyone and all my canadians, Happy Canada day!
    07-01-09 10:14 AM
    Regular backup only backs up messages, contacts, settings, etc.

There is a seperate way to back up 3rd party apps, but it's too late now.

You will have to re-download them
    07-01-09 10:24 AM
    I moved this thread to OS Discussion. It IS possible that your computer made a backup the last time you did an OS upgrade. I don't recall the name or location of the file, but unless the OS upgrade failed your computer likely has a file that MAY be able to help. This is NOT to say that you should not make regular backups anyways and include making a 3rd Party Apps backup.
    07-01-09 12:44 PM
    I moved this thread to OS Discussion. It IS possible that your computer made a backup the last time you did an OS upgrade. I don't recall the name or location of the file, but unless the OS upgrade failed your computer likely has a file that MAY be able to help. This is NOT to say that you should not make regular backups anyways and include making a 3rd Party Apps backup.
    That file would typically be in your My Documents folder. It would be named something like: LoaderBackup-(2009-05-26).ipd with the date being the date of your last OS upgrade.
    07-01-09 06:55 PM
    THE APPS Folder is NOT in my docs folder do a search using windows search and use your pin as the search string look for folder named your pin and drag it to desktop and open it up and see if your apps are in there you will also need the .alx file thats named your pin drag that to your desktop also check the date and take the newest one and put it in the folder (pin number)
    07-01-09 07:06 PM
    THE APPS Folder is NOT in my docs folder do a search using windows search and use your pin as the search string look for folder named your pin and drag it to desktop and open it up and see if your apps are in there you will also need the .alx file thats named your pin drag that to your desktop also check the date and take the newest one and put it in the folder (pin number)
    You would be correct sir, except that the OP's problem is that he never did the 3rd Party backup that would create what you are referring to. PKCable was suggesting (and I'm pretty sure he's right) that when he upgraded the OS, the Loader.exe would have made a full backup (includung the 3rd party stuff) for it's restoration process. That's the file I was talking about. I know it can go to different places on different PC's, but it's often found in My Documents.
    07-01-09 07:33 PM
    its in my documents, but theres no 3rd party files in my "loaderbackup" file. and all my recent os/hybrids updates went sucessful. I'll just find all my 3rd party programs online and download it.

For next time can I include 3rd parties in my regular backup?
    07-03-09 07:46 PM
    What wuold one do if they had this file and wanted to load the 3rd party apps?
    07-03-09 08:19 PM
    There's a seperate process explained in one of the stickies to back up the 3rd party apps.

Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by catbertz; 07-03-09 at 08:26 PM.
    07-03-09 08:22 PM
    its in my documents, but theres no 3rd party files in my "loaderbackup" file. and all my recent os/hybrids updates went sucessful. I'll just find all my 3rd party programs online and download it.

NO, as others have already stated, you need to do a separate third party backup. It is explained in the stickies at the top of this forum.
    07-03-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD