My friend was showing me his iPhone the other day and we were able to see where another one of our friends were (also an iPhone user) through its GPS. Is there anything similar to this with BlackBerries? I think he said you had to put their iPhone code in or something similar to that, so I'm assuming you could put someones PIN in and be able to track them? Unless I'm mistaken and the only way to track another blackberry would be to install software on it.. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:54 AM
    You can do the with google latitude

08-05-09 08:39 AM
    Ya google lattitude, seems a little scary but ya, what every happened to calling or sending a txt

08-05-09 08:48 AM
    *pst* hey i know where you are.

yea i had someone that wanted me to DL google lattitude and there was no way in **** i was going to. kinda got the creepy vib after that.
    08-05-09 08:58 AM
    Folks,

I am moving this thread to 3rd Party Apps, and I have edited the title. Please remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    08-05-09 09:09 AM
    If you are little leary of Latitude, I have been using a program called "SMS with Location". Basically you open the app, it uses google maps to find your longitude/latitude and puts that information into a text message which the other party can open up. This way, you determine when you want to reveal your position.

Got the following right from the app:

You should try SMS with Location, a free instant location sharing application. You can get it by opening h ttp://get.wizi.com from your BlackBerry device.

08-05-09 09:27 AM
    I don't see everyone fear in latitude. You can choose whether or not people can see where you are.
    08-05-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD