Okay, my phone (I have T-Mobile as my carrier) automatically deletes voice mail messages after a certain period of time, EVEN THOUGH I SAVE the messages to listen to later on.

Is there any sort of app that will allow me to keep my voice mail messages indefinitely?? I have the choice to save text messages FOREVER on my BB Curve 8310. Is there the same option to save voice mail messages? I lost a couple of important messages I wanted to refer back to because they were automatically deleted.

Help please! Thank you, I appreciate any and all help with this.
    08-02-11 10:36 AM
    Get a 3.5mm stereo patch cable and use it to connect the headphone jack of your phone to the microphone jack on your computer. Record the messages on your computer as MP3's and if you wanna take them with you you can plug in your data cable and transfer them back to your media card. You can also use a voice recorder if you have one.

Dynex DX-AD105 6 Feet 3.5 mm Stereo Audio Cable
    08-02-11 11:03 AM
    Voicemails are saved on T-Mobile's servers and not your phone. Last I checked the phone has no control over how long messages are stored for.
    08-02-11 11:07 AM
    Okay, first of all may I tell you Frank Sinatra is my favorite singer of all time????

Where do I get the 3.5mm stereo patch cable, please? I'm new to using a Blackberry and I must say this has been quite a learning experience for me, but a good one!

I will also call T-Mobile and ask them about this, thanks grahamf.
    08-02-11 11:31 AM
    Carol, I am sure Frank would have loved you too.

Radio Shack
    BestBuy
    Target

3.5mm stereo (mini) Male to 3.5mm stereo (mini) Male

If you look at the connectors on either end they should have 3 sections (Left) (Right) (Ground) although I am sure getting a geek to help you find one wont be that complicated. Ask the geek for a Stereo Mini to Stereo Mini. If he looks puzzled tell him what you will be using it for.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-02-11 at 11:47 AM.
    08-02-11 11:38 AM
    Thank you, I will get one this coming week.

I was fortunate to have seen Frank Sinatra in concert. Hands down the best concert I've ever seen.
    08-02-11 11:44 AM
    Your 8310 has a full-size 3.5mm jack.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-02-11 at 11:58 AM.
    08-02-11 11:47 AM
    I was at a friends house one night having a beer on a Friday night about 15 years ago. He put a vinyl copy of "Live At The Sands with Count Basie" on the stereo and that changed my music tastes forever. Now, if it isnt Ella, Frank, Billie Holiday, Tony, Dean, Andy Williams, Ray, Lou Rawls, Nancy Wilson, or Van Halen then I wont have much to do with it.
    08-02-11 11:56 AM
    LOL I love most of those singers, too. I am definitely a Van Fan!

Okay I found an app that will allow you to save your voice mail messages. Yeay. I called T-Mobile and they suggested I download the BB Appworld to my phone which I did, and there is a free program called YouMail Visual Voicemail. I downloaded that, and it's great! You can save your messages using this app. The other way is of course to keep listening to your regular voice mail, listen to the individual messages you want to keep, and keep selecting the SAVE option. They are supposed to stay on your phone's voice mail for 30 days.

Start spreading the news...... and guess what? I have that same CD version of Live at the Sands with Count Basie; but I haven't listened to it yet..... I can't wait to hear it now.
    08-04-11 08:58 AM
    Very smart, I forgot about YouMail, I tried it for a short time when I got my 9000. It was a bit over complicated and so I ditched it. Glad you found a solution that was simple and free.
    08-04-11 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD