Hi! Another dumb question, no doubt!

I was wondering if there is an App or a setting that will allow me to have an instant readout of my text messages when they come in? I don't like having to go into my mail to find them. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all your help!
    08-05-09 10:03 AM
    That I know of no. U can change your theme so it will show any incoming messages, but its a short preview of what in the message. Don't know if that would help.
    08-05-09 10:07 AM
    08-05-09 10:33 AM
    No, it's not free (Berrypopup) - I got it for $3.47 but it was well worth it. I pops up on your screen and give you most of the message so that way you know whether you want to get into the message itself or wait until later. I would recommend it.
    08-05-09 10:56 AM
    Move your SMS/Text icon to the main dock on your screen. I don't know why you would need to "dig in your email" to find a text message...
    08-05-09 11:29 AM
    I installed PeekaWho. It doesn't show you the entire email, but I get alert popups when email comes in, which lets me quickly sort through emails and delete those I don't want to open.

PeeKaWho Email SMS Alerts - with SPAM Blocker - VOTED 2008 BEST UTILITY by CrackBerry
    08-05-09 11:39 AM
    Just wanted to send a quick thanks for all the great advice!
    You guys just continue to amaze me with your wealth of knowledge! I will check out the sites, etc.!
    Thanks again!
    08-05-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD