I used to have the Samsung Alias and loved the backup assistant.
    Just wondering if there's an app that will automatically backup my contacts on a certain website at a set schedule.
    Any help will be appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 03:31 AM
    Try Google Sync

04-08-09 03:40 AM
    Google sync is great... I set up all the blackberries in my company to use google sync with our google apps account.
    04-08-09 07:16 AM
    or desktop manager works too lol
    04-08-09 07:17 AM
    Sync thru desktop manager.

04-08-09 07:47 AM
    I dunno about you guys, but I very very rarely hook my BB up to my computer.... maybe 2x per month.
    and I know the other employees here do it even less often than I do. If I told them they had to use desktop manager to sync their contacts and calendar, they'd flip out. We're all just too used to being able to do stuff OTA.
    04-08-09 07:55 AM
    Yup ima student & I use Google Sync on my Storm...quick and efficent and the best thing of all is it is created by Google and I use Gmail.

04-08-09 09:25 AM
    I dunno about you guys, but I very very rarely hook my BB up to my computer.... maybe 2x per month.
    and I know the other employees here do it even less often than I do. If I told them they had to use desktop manager to sync their contacts and calendar, they'd flip out. We're all just too used to being able to do stuff OTA.
    i agree...Google Sync is so convenient, i rarely sync with my computer
    04-08-09 11:56 AM
    I use a program called Funambol. It's free and open-source. They even have the server software that you can download to run your own backup server. I sync with their server my.funambol.com and have the Outlook add-on to get it over to my system. I used this with my last (Windows Mobile) phone also.
    04-08-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD