I always thought the "mypin" technique was amazing, but wondered if it could be used for a more variety of things.

If you could use mywork and it would give your work contact info, or myhome and give your home contact info.

Could also use it with mynum, and many other things? Its an idea...

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, would it take alot to develope something like this?
    07-08-11 04:32 PM
    There are several features that are available by defaut like Mypin, or LT (Local Time).

It is a simple to add your needs to Options / AutoText.

Create a new entry with a text string, ie mywork, that will be replaced with a text string. Make sure you choose unique, non-words followed by a space. If not, you may find suprizes inseted into your text.
    07-08-11 04:44 PM
    I always include # at the end of my custom Autotext / Word substitution

So for
    When I type
    Mymaddy#
    The result is my full mailing address

Workaddy#
    The result is my full office mailing address

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 05:15 PM
    I have ones like myem or myemm for things like my email addresses, or in a couple of cases, usdoi or uscon that contains the entire text of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

But let's not forget, AutoText has been re-dubbed Word Substitution in OS 6.

My wife has used BlackBerry for the same amount of time and has just started to use it quite a bit. She didn't understand my anger at the bug that caused loss of entries on an upgrade until she saw how much I use the feature.

If you use AutoText/ Word Substitution, back it up with AutoText Backup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Reed McLay likes this.
    07-08-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD