Problem: Getting to a bookmarked website on the Storm takes a lot of clicks.

Question: Is there a Storm-compatible app that allows you to convert a bookmarked site to an icon to place directly on the Home screen? If not, whoever comes up with one will surely get at least 3 "Attaboy" or "Attagirl" comments from me.
    12-06-08 10:03 AM
    Not sure if it's ready for 4.7 but its free so you can try...BlackBerry Web Shortcuts 2.1.2
    12-06-08 10:13 AM
    will that work for the storm?
    12-06-08 10:51 AM
    Not very user friendly and app only appears in portrait although download shortcuts appear in landscape - I haven't fully deployed and tested yet. Wish there was something more brainless
    12-06-08 11:26 AM
    I'm surprised there aren't more requests for such an app or an update to Blackberry Web Shortcuts. It's tedious to go to websites that don't provide their own shortcut-generating OTA applets - as many as four clicks.
    12-07-08 11:20 AM
    No solutions yet
    12-07-08 09:56 PM
    bump bump bump
    12-14-08 09:56 AM
    - Mobile shortcuts app is far too complex for average users and not so Storm friendly

- http ://edlindustries.com/ is a guy who promises to develop launchers and people on this board have given him lots of requests but have seen nothing yet.

-more launchers/shortcuts/applets are made available every day direct from the websites (WSJ, NYT, Fox, CNN, etc.) but pace is slow and some are not Storm compatible

-WSJ app is the single best Storm app bar none that I've seen - better than any BB/Rim native application. Really shows the power of the Storm.

My conclusion is that Storm is about 6 months away from living up to its original expectations/capabilities - especially in the area of content.
    12-14-08 11:13 AM
    There is a thread with a
    dude offering to make launchers for launchers on request. Search launcher and post the website u want in that thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 11:44 AM
    Would be very cool to be able to make your own launchers with a simple tool. Current tools are not built for the average Joe.

A smart developer could make an app that worked across all BB phones and make some nice dough.

Coolest way would be to make the launcher on your PC with simple graphics tool (or use of 3rd party tool) to cut and paste the launcher logo.
    01-21-09 08:37 PM
    Could be a money maker
    01-29-09 08:47 PM
    Could be a money maker
    Funny you said that - BBLauncher.com - Custom BlackBerry Browser Launchers In A Flash
    01-29-09 09:18 PM
    You can also check out QuickLaunch. Its available in the CrackBerry store & NikkiSoft makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Storm app launcher

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD