I think there is one on the Iphone. Am I making this up?
    07-27-09 03:13 PM
    I don't see why not, if you have the right set-up. They have remote alarm systems that will call your cell phone but, I'm not sure how it works.

I found this on Google
    07-27-09 03:15 PM
    ha that would be amazing if there was. but isnt that the point of your remote key? but cool feature. more info tho plzzz.
    07-27-09 03:44 PM
    I think there is one on the Iphone. Am I making this up?
    No way Jose. Nothing like this for any phone exists. The dude that sells the battery life app probly sells this too lol. It's a lot like a smoke shifter!
    07-27-09 04:03 PM
    you need an infrared port...BB's dont have that
    07-27-09 04:21 PM
    There is an app but I don't think it doesn't work how you're thinking. It's not acting as a replacement for your key fob remote. I think it works in conjunction with remote assist that some cars have like OnStar and BMW Assist where you can send a txt to a number or through the app saying you've been locked out and it sends a signal to the car to unlock it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and as the OP mentioned it's an iPhone app. Although since I think it's based on SMS I don't see why it wouldn't just work from any SMS capable device.
    07-27-09 04:23 PM
    No way Jose. Nothing like this for any phone exists. The dude that sells the battery life app probly sells this too lol. It's a lot like a smoke shifter!
    Actually, there are several companies that rig up custom alarm systems (remote start as an option) that integrate with a mobile phone. It's not so much as "application" on your phone as it is a remote cell system installed physically in the car. Some react to txts, others to phone calls and key presses. Some will react to applications depending on the type of connectivity the system has.

Here are two:

C3 by AutoPage

GSM Car Alarm/Entry/Remote Start

These are all rather out there in terms of tech and by no means mainstream... thus, smooth integration with your blackberry probably won't happen. But, there are possibilities.
    07-27-09 04:25 PM
    you need an infrared port...BB's dont have that
    Most modern systems are RF, not IR... either way, you're right... the BB doesn't have the broadcast hardware to integrate with stock systems.
    07-27-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD