So a friend of mine and i were talking about that feature Verizon offers (forgive me, i can't remember the official name) where you can see where your family is on a map...hopefully you know what i'm talking about.
    I'm just wondering if there is a 3rd party app that does this with anyone. So I can see where _____ is so I can pick them up, whatever.

Is there such a thing?
    10-27-09 10:50 PM
    Google Latitude does this for free. Google Lat shows the location of your "friends" at all times while you're signed into the service. You can then click on a friend on your map and get directions to them. You can also view the map on a computer.

Verizon Chaperon has a monthly fee. i don't think it's avail on BlackBerry devices (last time i saw).

Another option, if all your phones are BlackBerry devices, is to download BlackBerry Maps on all. This is a free app. Each user can get their location via BlackBerry Maps and send the location to your phone or email address. You'd then open that location in BlackBerry Maps and hit get directions to. i'm fairly certain you can view the map on a computer as well.

Third option, if you have BlackBerry and non smart phones, is to download VZ Navigator on the phones. This is a $9.99/monthly charge per device. However, each user can get their location and send to your phone via a Place Message. You can then open that Message and get audible turn-by-turn directions to that location. There is also computer access to VZ Navigator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks so much. Downloading latitude right now

Thanks again
    10-28-09 09:59 AM
    No problem. Google Latitude is a great app! i love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 10:03 AM
    Yeah use Latitude. why pay for something that you can get from a reputable and high quality company like Google for free
    10-28-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD