I pretty much do everything on my BlackBerry. I'm a full time student so I do everything from keep up with clases, write essays, do research, etc. on this thing. As well as keep up with all the stuff I need for work. To get to the point I'd like to know if there is an app for programming. I know that's a pretty farfetched request but I just write simple java programs for class. If there was a app that could compile and run sipmle java programs that would be awesome. Well thanks in advance and sorry if this is dumb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 11:58 PM
    The BB can't run it's own Java code reliably and you want to write your own, compile it, and run it in an emulator onboard too?

Unfortunately... "There isn't an app for that".
    10-16-09 12:30 AM
    New BB slogan "There ain't no app for dat!"
    10-16-09 12:33 AM
    The BB can't run it's own Java code reliably and you want to write your own, compile it, and run it in an emulator onboard too?

Unfortunately... "There isn't an app for that".
    Ha ha. You made me lulz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 07:16 AM
    full time student too. i agree, bb needs more apps, WAY more apps. someone needs to tell them to get on that.
    10-16-09 11:19 AM
    RIM writes a good share of apps, but they can't write them all...maybe go to the 3rd party apps section and "request" an app, see what happens?

btw, chasgragg, what apps do you want that don't exist? specifically...
    10-16-09 07:14 PM
    As far as I know, applications for the BB are developed on PCs. You get a development kit, including an emulator. Then you just download the application like from anywhere else.
    10-16-09 07:31 PM
    New BB slogan "There ain't no app for dat!"
    gotta keep it cool since the OP is still in school...

"Der aint no app fo dat!"

or like they say here in the south:

"draino afforded" <<--- (what it could sound as.. hehe)

;-)
    10-16-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD