is there an app that i can lock my pictures or lock my media? that way if they want to look at something personal they have to know the password?

thanks,
    08-10-09 06:38 PM
    anyone at all?
    08-11-09 09:37 PM
    You can use the "hidden" feature in your media file explorer. Go to your Media app, scroll to the Pictures icon, hit Menu, then select Explore. Navigate to your Pictures folder (should be /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures).

Here, you'll have to change the properties of each picture you want to hide. Select Menu, Properties, then check Hidden. It's kind of a pain, but if you don't have a huge number, it's not so bad. After you've done that, from the Menu on that folder, either check or uncheck "Show Hidden".

You can also create a sub-folder and put all of "those" pictures in there so that they're in one location. Makes it easier to manage them. At least, that's what I've read!

It's not like encrypting them or password-protecting them, but unless the other person is pretty tech savvy, they won't figure it out.

There may be apps, too...haven't ever looked.
    08-11-09 10:53 PM
    Um not unless u you just password protect ur fone or u use the password keeper on ur BB..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:55 PM
    You can use the "hidden" feature in your media file explorer. Go to your Media app, scroll to the Pictures icon, hit Menu, then select Explore. Navigate to your Pictures folder (should be /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures).

Here, you'll have to change the properties of each picture you want to hide. Select Menu, Properties, then check Hidden. It's kind of a pain, but if you don't have a huge number, it's not so bad. After you've done that, from the Menu on that folder, either check or uncheck "Show Hidden".

You can also create a sub-folder and put all of "those" pictures in there so that they're in one location. Makes it easier to manage them. At least, that's what I've read!

It's not like encrypting them or password-protecting them, but unless the other person is pretty tech savvy, they won't figure it out.

There may be apps, too...haven't ever looked.
    haha thanks i appriciatte that i didn't know that and it can definitely help...but there is a lot of them..
    08-11-09 11:20 PM
    Um not unless u you just password protect ur fone or u use the password keeper on ur BB..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what do you mean by password keeper? what exactly does that do?
    08-11-09 11:21 PM
    what do you mean by password keeper? what exactly does that do?
    Go into your Options, then Password. You can configure your password settings for your phone here. If you want more information, read the Help file in the menu (assuming you still have those files on your phone).
    08-11-09 11:25 PM
    oh that's pretty cool i think i'll just do that...
    08-12-09 01:48 AM
    take it easy man dont dehidrate
    08-12-09 04:21 AM
    filelock is the app you want. search on here. i'm sure there is an ota for it somewhere. it's for all handset content not just media.
    08-12-09 05:51 AM
    filelock is the app you want. search on here. i'm sure there is an ota for it somewhere. it's for all handset content not just media.
    oh that deff sounds like the thing for me i'll have to check it out. THANKS!!
    08-12-09 12:22 PM
    nice idea hope it helps
    08-12-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD