I'm curious to see if there is an app, or a way of building one, to allow your phone to be connected to your pc via usb cable and send sms texts. I'm not looking to do this just for the full keyboard functionality, as I know those products already exist. I'm wanting to know if it's possible so I could connect my phone in class to my pc, and text without being obvious. No phone, no proof . The phone would be responsible for sending and receiving the texts.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm on a Tour if that affects anything.
    08-06-09 01:26 PM
    I've been wanting something like this too. Had this for my razr and slthr with motorola phone tools
    08-06-09 02:12 PM
    no other thoughts on this?
    08-07-09 01:14 PM
    QuickerSMS: Managing Blackberry SMS on Your Mobile from Your Computer

Try this. Sounds like what you want.
    08-07-09 01:17 PM
    this probably isnt the exact answer you want, but you can use those free sms over the internet sites and just read them off your bb, so you dont have to type via bb, just type on comp.
    08-07-09 01:30 PM
    I think you can do this from Verizon Wireless website if you have a Verizon phone... it will let u log on and send txts to verizon customers...
    08-07-09 01:46 PM
    Also a free way to do this, without needing to plug your BB in to USB is to get a Google Voice acct and txt and reply from the desktop.
    A paid acct with Skydeck will let you do the same, but sms using your actual cell number

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:14 PM
    I send and receive texts from my Gmail account all the time. Although they don't come from my phone, it still gets the job done.
    08-07-09 02:18 PM
    Ya I want it to originate from my phone number, so it would appear to the receiver that it is a message specifically from me. I looked into Skydeck and it dosen't work with my IE browser. Quicker SMS looks like what I'm looking foward, but I can't DL the program to that PC to use.
    08-07-09 02:46 PM
    I send and receive texts from my Gmail account all the time. Although they don't come from my phone, it still gets the job done.
    wow I never knew u could do that with Gmail!!
    08-10-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD