I have had my Torch for about two and half years now and had a lot of apps from the app store on here (mobihand). The screen recently broke on it so I got a used 9900 to replace it and just read that mobihand is no longer around, don't know why I did not see or realize this back then and I don't think that I have my keys saved anywhere. I still have my old Torch with the apps installed, so I can look on there but I don't know how to find the keys.

So is there any way to get new keys from the developers for apps that I have paid for and paid for updates many times over? I understand many of the devs got screwed by mobihand so I am not complaining about that, just don't want to buy the apps again if I can get it from the developer.

I had the following apps that I paid for and or won on crackberry:
    berrybuzz
    berrymail
    berrypopup
    berryweather
    filescout
    fixmo tools
    meterberry
    quicklaunch
    searchit
    shortcutmanager

Alternatively, are there other apps out there that do the same thing (and are good quality) cheaper than the ones I had? For example, berryeather, berrybuzz and quicklaunch are the ones that I have paid for and paid for updates and would love to find cheaper alternatives to if there are any.

Thanks
    12-03-12 03:14 PM
    I'm in the same boat all i can think of is directly talking with the dev and see if they are willing to "help you out" I think its a long shot thus I haven't even tried.
    12-03-12 03:34 PM
    Yeah, It's always a good idea to save your application registration codes somewhere.
    How trashed is the screen your old Torch?
    Can you see anything at all, or is it a total wash?

If you can see the screen in some form, you can just open the about section for the Bellshare applications.
    You will see your activation code there and you can manually copy them.
    That would take care of 4 out of 10 app listed. A 40% recovery isn't too bad.
    You would still have to use the "Transfer License" module below if you wanted to utilize the apps on your new device.
    Bellshare GmbH
    Again, this all means nothing if you can't see anything on the screen.
    If so, BB-Bmore had a good idea about contacting the developers directly.
    I hope it works out for you.
    12-03-12 04:47 PM
    Thanks for that info, I am able to see the screen when the Torch is closed, it goes off when I slide it open. So I found the codes for three of the four bell share apps, couldn't find berry pop ups code in any of the menus or about section. Went to the link you gave me and submitted the transfer of them, thanks for that link!

Now my question is how do I get the correct app version on my 9900, do I download the trial or free version from bb app world and then enter my activation code?

Going to keep looking for the rest of the codes and see if I can somehow transfer the rest.
    12-03-12 06:17 PM
    Now my question is how do I get the correct app version on my 9900, do I download the trial or free version from bb app world and then enter my activation code?
    Forget App World... just download the correct app version directly from the BellShare website.
    12-03-12 10:00 PM
    +1 for getting the correct version of the apps from Bellshare directly, then input the new codes.
    Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps

Also, I've found that if you still have the same sd card that was within your Torch at the time you used QuickLaunch you can easily get that code as well if you've ever backed up your settings.
    It will be in the root of the sd card and named QL_Backup.txt. If you click on it you will see your old activation code.
    The problem is that I don't believe the code will work for your current device.
    And, AFAIK, the developer cannot grant application codes for the current place to get it. AppWorld.
    So, you may be stuck with having to re-purchase it from AppWorld, or see if he can update your new device directly on his servers for a "private" download.
    His email is [email protected]

HTH
    12-04-12 12:22 AM
    Through our forum post (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...13/index5.html), we have informed all users who bought through MobiHand (or affiliated store) to directly contact us. We would provide all the support even new keys in case of device switch.
    12-04-12 01:52 PM