I have tried PeekAWho, Aerize, and Message Peek.

All 3 were very good looking apps and worked pretty good. But my biggest problems with them is you can't actually do anything from the pop-up... If you hit "OK" to say you're done reading the message, it still says you have an unread message and the LED still blinks. And if you hit "Open" or "Reply", it just takes you to the Inbox instead of opening that particular message or taking you directly to the Compose Message screen..

So I'm wondering if there are any GOOD pop-up messaging apps?
    04-20-09 03:03 PM
    I cant speak for the other apps (I would assume they can do this too) but for Aerize Alerts, you can hit M for mark and it will mark the message as read. Have a read through the user manuals of the other apps and you might find they do the same.
    04-20-09 03:38 PM
    04-20-09 04:49 PM
    I cant speak for the other apps (I would assume they can do this too) but for Aerize Alerts, you can hit M for mark and it will mark the message as read. Have a read through the user manuals of the other apps and you might find they do the same.
    Pressing "M" doesn't do anything for me...
    04-22-09 10:11 AM
    Pressing "M" doesn't do anything for me...
    Hmm strange. What if you click the "Mark" button, does it mark it as read? It works fine for me, also worked on my 8330. Not 100% sure but might be your OS? Are you on 4.3 or 4.5?
    04-22-09 10:32 AM
    I'm currently using emobile (as suggested by AG) and it's not bad.. The problem is when you open a message it doesn't open the other ones in the conversation, and for emails if you choose delete then it only deletes on your handheld, no option to delete it on both handheld and mailbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 11:28 AM
    Hmm strange. What if you click the "Mark" button, does it mark it as read? It works fine for me, also worked on my 8330. Not 100% sure but might be your OS? Are you on 4.3 or 4.5?
    Well I haven't used it on emails yet, but on SMS, there is no option for "Mark".. I have OS 4.5...
    04-22-09 03:22 PM
    Well I haven't used it on emails yet, but on SMS, there is no option for "Mark".. I have OS 4.5...
    Ahhh ya, SMS is a different story. I dont believe its possible to mark it as read, I dont think its a limitation of any of the apps, I believe its a limitation of the BB API. (3rd party sms apps have this problem too).
    04-22-09 03:28 PM
    Ahhh ya, SMS is a different story. I dont believe its possible to mark it as read, I dont think its a limitation of any of the apps, I believe its a limitation of the BB API. (3rd party sms apps have this problem too).
    Thanks so much...I thought I was crazy. You're right..."mark as read" is not an option for SMS.
    04-22-09 06:07 PM
    Well these apps are pretty useless if you still have to go open the messages through the regular steps.. The app developers need to figure out how to make it work fully with SMS. I mean, who doesn't text message, especially with a BlackBerry?? If they can make it work for email, SMS shouldn't be a problem..

04-22-09 08:37 PM
    Well these apps are pretty useless if you still have to go open the messages through the regular steps.. The app developers need to figure out how to make it work fully with SMS. I mean, who doesn't text message, especially with a BlackBerry?? If they can make it work for email, SMS shouldn't be a problem..
    Ya it's unfortunate, but RIM would have to open up the API to allow for this. There isn't a way around it. Its also the biggest complaint with the 3rd party threaded SMS apps.
    04-22-09 09:20 PM
    I mean, who doesn't text message, especially with a BlackBerry??
    Me. Texting is my least favorite way to communicate.
    04-22-09 09:25 PM
    Me. Texting is my least favorite way to communicate.
    You're a different breed than most AG. HeeHee. That's said with laughter.
    04-22-09 09:32 PM
    Well remember the blackberry WAS made as a business device. Only recently has texting been brought into some jobs, and typically the less professional ones. My dad, a senior IT professional wouldn't even know what a text was if he received one - It's email or nothing.
    04-22-09 09:44 PM
    Well remember the blackberry WAS made as a business device. Only recently has texting been brought into some jobs, and typically the less professional ones. My dad, a senior IT professional wouldn't even know what a text was if he received one - It's email or nothing.
    Good point...
    04-22-09 10:23 PM
    Well the BlackBerry is no longer strictly a business device. Its a consumer device, and consumers text..

04-22-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD