Hey people,

When I went through the news applications on App World, I noticed a lot of apps that I did not recognize. I know App World has a lot of political left-leaning applications available - Time, AP News, etc. - and was curious if anyone on this forum knows of any Conservative news applications or Right-leaning applications?

If you have any information that might be helpful, please comment.

Thanks!
    03-17-10 08:24 AM
    Fox news? O'Reilly?
    03-17-10 08:50 AM
    Wow, seriously?

Apparently, there's a Fox News app:
    BlackBerry App World - FOX News Alert

Not sure if that's what you want, or if that's biased enough for you.
    Last edited by slinky317; 03-17-10 at 08:56 AM.
    03-17-10 08:52 AM
    The FOX News application or Alert application is just an alert icon. When there is a breaking story, the icon changes colors... That's it. When you click on the icon it just takes you to their mobile webpage on the browser.

Any other suggestions besides FOX News Icon Alert would be helpful. Thanks!
    03-17-10 09:00 AM
    If you can't find any on App world you could try the websites of the news sources you are looking for...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 09:12 AM
    You can also use Viigo (download free from CrackBerry store) to pull down whatever RSS feeds you like. Most sites have an RSS feed so you can probably get headlines and articles from your favorites without having to have an app for each one.
    03-17-10 11:40 AM
    03-17-10 01:15 PM
    Hav-no:

You hav 1 now. Thanks for the line!

Best,
    BTB
    03-17-10 04:39 PM
    Great sig BTB
    03-18-10 02:49 AM
    None worth reading.

B B
    03-19-10 08:53 AM
    You can go to edlindustries.com and download a few weblaunchers like drudge report, ad a few others, there's a whole list of launchers there. What i did was buy Launchpad and created web launchers for mises.org, daily paul, liberty forest and campaign 4 liberty websites. Their still launchers, not apps. but better than nothing.
    03-19-10 09:28 AM
    1. Whipcast - Updates about events via the GOP Whip
    2. Visible Vote - Keep track of how lawmakers vote on various issues, allows you to vote. Send email messages to lawmakers, etc.
    Any link for these? Visible vote sounds interesting, where can I find it?

03-25-10 11:26 PM
    Wall Street Journal has a good mobile reader app. There are some articles that you have to be a subscriber for, but a decent number of free ones as well.

03-26-10 12:12 AM
    Why do you only want to read those with whom you already agree???

03-26-10 02:20 AM
    ihav0frnds...thanks for the heads up on Powerline.

This thread also reminded to me to put Fox News alerts back on my new Storm 2.

Fox News biased....hehehe....never heard that before.
    03-26-10 08:24 AM
    If some of you don't know, you can stream Fox News Talk (same station that plays on Sirius/XM) on Flycast for free. Also, search for station KMBZ out of Kansas City and you can stream Glenn Beck (I think at like 10:30am-1? est. He's really on 9-noon but the station is behind atleast an hour)

Flycast buffers and I can easily stream using Edge connection.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 03-26-10 at 09:40 AM.
    03-26-10 09:37 AM
    How do you deem The Associated Press, left? They are as non-partisan as you get. I am from a conservative town in a conservative state with a conservative paper and there are AP articles in it all the time. That doesn't make me say the AP is a conservative news source.
    They have thousands of journalists worldwide and are a good source for non-bias news.

03-26-10 11:08 AM
    I like ap news as well. For text based conservative news, an RSS reader is your best bet. Also, nobex radio has tons of conservative talk radio.

03-26-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD