Hi all!

I keep having this issue with Blackberry Messenger and a few other apps such as Facebook... But it is way more anoying with bbm: i can't turn them off!

Yesterday I downloaded blackberry messenger to chat with my friend who just got a new curve... But ever sinced I started the application, there is no way i can turn it off... I pressed the blackberry button and selected CLOSE but all it does is bring me to the desktop. If i hold the bb button (to have a look at the running apps) I can see that it is still open... Usually when I do so with other apps, it turns them off... Facebool does the same but like after 5 to 10 mins it turns off.

Anyone here experiencing something such? Its draining my battery and I'm about to desinstall it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by reko; 04-14-10 at 05:15 AM.
    04-14-10 05:12 AM
    You cannot shut down BBM, it's always running. Facebook can be shut down by logging out.
    04-14-10 06:22 AM
    Facebook I would say it is best to just not have the App on your phone it is a known memory hog & battery hog.
    04-14-10 08:31 AM
    BBM is fine it's not the problem here I would say as before Facebook and/ or another App that you have installed on your phone....
    04-14-10 09:37 AM
    what about AP Mobile???
    04-14-10 10:01 AM
    BBM is fine it's not the problem here I would say as before Facebook and/ or another App that you have installed on your phone....
    Just having an app installed only uses the amount of memory it takes to install, it doesn't use any additional memory or battery just by being installed. As long as it's not running in the background it doesn't affect anything. Apps like Facebook and Myspace that require a login can be shut down simply by logging out, they won't do any damage if they're not running.
    04-15-10 07:01 AM
    just close the apps instead of clicking the end button and know that some apps cant be closed, but those are just bbm phone messages home screen and browser start page
    04-15-10 07:38 AM
    Just having an app installed only uses the amount of memory it takes to install, it doesn't use any additional memory or battery just by being installed. As long as it's not running in the background it doesn't affect anything. Apps like Facebook and Myspace that require a login can be shut down simply by logging out, they won't do any damage if they're not running.
    I know that but what I said had to do with the fact that Facebook hogs memory it has been confirmed here quite a few times. And I know from personal experience with the Facebook app. My battery and memory went down a lot with FB on the phone whether running or not & I think most people keep FB running if it is on their phone. That's what I was saying.... BBM for me I don't really see it affecting anything dealing with memory and battery but that could be that since I had a BB which was the Curve was my first I always had it installed and running on it.
    04-15-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD