Hey all. I've had my Bold for roughly a week now (loving it) and have tried a few themes before finally settling down with RedZapper's 3G Bold theme.

What I'm trying to figure out is: is it possible to save the layout of your apps (and folders you've created) and themes on your home screen?

The reason I'm asking is because I like to have all my apps organized a certain way and create some folders to sort everything the way I want it. However I remember when I first installed the 3G Bold theme and switched to it from my previous theme... all the apps got moved around and the custom folders I created were gone, it looked like the default layout.

It's true that I've settled on the 3G Bold theme but I'm thinking about the future in case I want to switch - or more possibly, I want to switch to a different version of the 3G Bold theme (I currently use 3G w/ weather text but might want to go to the 3G w/ weather text and QuickLaunch) which would probably load like a new/separate theme.

I really don't want to have to go through the painful process (roughly 1/2 hour to an hour) of recreating all my folders and moving the apps around. Please help if you guys know of a work-around!
    08-10-09 11:14 AM
    Unfortunately it is theme based and not something you can transport from one to another. Wish there was a way.
    08-10-09 01:23 PM
    Damn... it will be a pain to do this all over again. I do know that once you move it, the theme will "save" it so that if you switch back and forth between 2 themes they stay the way you've customized it. In other words, it doesn't reset.

So annoying, I guess I should decide which theme to use as soon as possible so that I don't waste time changing every theme to my liking.
    08-10-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD