I've always loved the convenience keys because they are... well, convenient. However, I just recently learned about ShortCutMe (SCM) from CrackBerry and I gave it a try.

I enjoy tinkering with this kind of thing but for some reason I just was not getting it and after looking for examples on Google (most of which re-routed me to CB) I started reading comments but all I notices was how this one CB user really seemed to know how to do it.

So, I sent her an e-mail and later that evening I got my blinking light telling me I had a message and there was the answer complete with examples and everything (Thanks again, I don't post your user name because I don't know you want that).

Before I had my convenience key set to camera.

Here is what my convenience key can do now:

One Click:
    SCM menu, I select my shortcut and:
    1. Email my wife to inform her I'm heading home.
    2. Shut down WIFI.
    3. Turn on Blue Tooth.
    4. Launch DriveSafe.ly and turn it on.
    All of this, which I did daily would take me 45 seconds to a minute to do. Now it takes me two seconds to push the keys. Wow! I love it.

Two Clicks (Click, Click)
    Launches my camera (I take a ton of pictures of my kids and this is still very handy)

Three Clicks (Click, Click, Click)
    Launches my video camera.

Four Clicks (Click, Click, Click, Click)
    Launches my flashlight (I get up early and often times I want to find something but don't want to wake up the family so this is awesome without having to fumble with menus)

Also, I discovered that I can do one click and on spacebar and I launch my favorite website (yeah, it is this one)
    one click and two space bars launches my music.

Wow! This was so cool! Most of this things took much longer to do the traditional way but it is just how convenient it is that I love.

Thanks again CB and fellow CB user for your help. My convenience key is now turbo charged.

I can do more with one hand that I could before with two but 10x faster and all I drinking some coffee with my other hand.

Here is a link if you want to take a look at what how I set mine up step by step thanks to my fellow CB user hooking me up:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31642886/How...nce%20Key.docx
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-24-11 at 10:34 AM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    10-24-11 10:19 AM
    Nice, thanks, I am curious as to which BB you are using
    10-24-11 11:20 AM
    Hi, I'm using the Bold 9930 so it only has one convenience key. I kinda missed the other CK but now I don't need to.

My previous phones were: iphone, Tour, HTC Evo 4G, Torch1, and now the Bold 9930.
    10-24-11 12:15 PM
    SCM is a fantastic program. Truly amazing what Vijik has done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the tips!!! I just love holding the "Q" key to silence my phone. Haha. But the thought of being able to auto send an email along with 3 or 4 other things with a couple of clicks is awesome!

Go BB!
    10-24-11 01:32 PM
    Xsms, one hot key opens sms compose message screen. Appplication shortcuts enabled for me, its just like old school dial from homescreen off. Enables all shortcut keys. Convenience key set to media wnere I can open camera, vid camera, pics etc with a one tap. Everything we need is already here. Fyi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD