How do I make my Curve text more than 160 characters?
    11-25-09 08:50 PM
    Send the txt as an mms instead of an sms, and just to warn u, u will prob get a lot of responses telling u to search the forums for this answer, its been talked about a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:53 PM
    There's an app called beyond160.

11-25-09 09:08 PM
    Since you have verizon wireless you cannot send an SMS on your Curve with more than 160 char. (I used to be a verizon customer). I now have the 8320 on T-Mobile, and with T-Mobile you can type up to 960 char in an SMS and it will be split up into multiple SMS messages and sent to whomever. They will then receive it on their end as multiple SMS messages. You can also do the MMS as the previous person stated since you don't have the 960 char option.
    11-25-09 09:12 PM
    There's an app called beyond160.

+1

I love beyond160. It's probably on my top 5 for most used apps. If you really want to text more than 160 get that app. It splits the text up into separate texts automatically.
    11-25-09 09:24 PM
    Has no one heard about this thing called email. I swear if anyone sent me a SMS
    larger than 160 characters I'd delete anything they sent in the future
    without bothering to read it on general principle.
    11-25-09 09:29 PM
    I'm kinda with AG on this one. Short Message Service emphasis on Short Message lmao Granted, not everyone can receive email on their phone, I know its a shock especially in this day and age but it does happen. I miss the old days, before cell phones, before call display, **** even before call waiting. Nothing in this world is so important that it can't wait 5-10 mins even an hour. Let me correct that, very FEW things in this world are that important. 160 characters should be more then enough for a SMS. I rarely find myself needing more then that.

K, done. Sorry, needed to get that out. Continue about your day as if this never happened. It was all a dream, thats it, just a dream.
    11-25-09 11:17 PM
    Not everyone with whom I need to be in contact has the ability to send and receive email on their phones. And they may not be near a computer where they can receive email. And they may not be able to talk on the phone. And they may not be able to receive MMS.

With all due respect to AG and tfp, I hate when people give the answer to "just use email" or "use MMS" or "just pick up the p phone and call". And it just my be important enough so that "it can't wait 5-10 minutes or even an hour".

It's not always that simple.
    11-26-09 07:04 AM
    Beyond160 is one of my favorite apps.
    11-26-09 08:31 AM
    Not everyone with whom I need to be in contact has the ability to send and receive email on their phones. And they may not be near a computer where they can receive email. And they may not be able to talk on the phone. And they may not be able to receive MMS.

With all due respect to AG and tfp, I hate when people give the answer to "just use email" or "use MMS" or "just pick up the p phone and call". And it just my be important enough so that "it can't wait 5-10 minutes or even an hour".

if u dont want to use MMS, then i would try the Beyond160 everyone is raving about. personally, i use MMS or just send two texts rather than pay a fee (for Beyond160) to save the few keystrokes in takes to open a second text.
    11-26-09 08:42 AM
    This is why I try to pin or email over texting.
    11-26-09 08:55 AM
    i also don't like the "just use email" reply. Of course we can email, MMS, or make a phone call instead. It is nice to have the ability to SMS. Some use SMS, some do not. The OP does. Everyone has different needs and preferences. What if the person i want to SMS with doesn't have instant email or MMS?

Here is the link to Beyond 160 which has a FREE trial.

Also check out Textender which was reviewed by CrackBerry not too long ago.

By the way, Drummindiva1978 , Welcome to CrackBerry! Feel free to post if you have any more questions!

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama

11-26-09 09:06 AM
    Wow. I think you're answer is somewhere in this debate.
    11-26-09 09:33 AM
    I have noticed quite a bit of snarkiness here. Makes you not want to bother with this bunch!

There are a lot more different types of folks using this device now, besides the geek, (which I would consider myself one) because its more widely available than the other smartphones. It would be nice if they were treated better. Just turns you off and makes you wonder if the Apple eaters are nicer!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-26-09 10:09 AM
    Has no one heard about this thing called email. I swear if anyone sent me a SMS
    larger than 160 characters I'd delete anything they sent in the future
    without bothering to read it on general principle.
    +1 I hate long texts.
    11-26-09 10:10 AM
    How do I make my Curve text more than 160 characters?
    160 characters is fine for a text message. If you have more to say than that, you should send an email.
    11-26-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD