Now I know textender is only $1.49 while beyond160 is 6.99, but I've tried beyond160 and its good but if textender isn't as good, I'd rather pay the $7. Any opinions from people who have used both?? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:31 AM
    i haven't used beyond160 but just purchased textender. my brief review is that it does what it says, you can open the app and send a text beyond 160 characters. you can open textender from the native app, but the problem is, if you're typing a text and realize that you're going to go over the limit, if you open textender you have to start your text over. it would be nice if it automatically imported the text you had typed up to that point. you can always copy and paste, but i find that that's kind of a hassle with the storm. that's my 2.
    09-21-09 08:44 AM
    ^^^ well then, based on that review looks like Beyond160 is the way to go. I have Beyond160 and when you are typing and get to your 160 limit, you hit the menu key and click on "Go Beyond 160" and it looks like it runs a macro or something and it copies and pastes your text from your native text app and then pastes it to the Beyond 160 text app, and texting is the exact same way as the native app, and then you can text forever and it will send it as one text.

The ONLY thing so far that I don't like about Beyond160 is that the receipient gets the texts broken up into multiple messages. For example, say your text has 480 characters, well Beyond160 breaks it up and sends 3 texts of 160 char each and the receipient gets 3 texts that look this:

(1/3) Hey whats up, something something
    (2/3) and I was thinking, something something
    (3/3) but then I said no, something something

So for the actual Beyond160 user, its great and you don't even realize your phone has issues with texts over 160. But the for the recepient, they get these texts with the number in parenthesis as I showed in my example and its a little weird to them, especially since they will get texts over 160 from other people who have non Blackbery CDMA phones.

Thats why I'm posting here because I was wondering if Textender can one-up Beyond160 by delivering the texts to the receipient as one whole text?
    09-21-09 10:20 AM
    @Crux, if you save your Beyond160 text as a draft, then you can get rid of those parenthesis and send your parts as a normal message. I discovered that by accident. I, too, am curious about Textender, but I figure they probably do the 1/x system also. It may be a OS thing. The developer of Beyond160 said that a macro was necessary for the copy and paste function because of limitations in OS 4.7. My guess would be that 1/x is there for people who don't have unlimited texting and want to know what their "novel" is going to cost them. Perhaps, when we send the message on our end, it still gets broken up on the network side. Perhaps in general, 3rd party apps can help us out on the device side, but we still have to deal with the limitations of the network use, i.e. CDMA or GSM.
    09-21-09 10:38 AM
    I am interested in the textender, I mean its on sale so it seems like a good idea, but from you all say it sounds like Beyond160 may be better. I recently purchased the EmpowerSMSViewer and I was wodnering if you knew if either the Beyon160 or Textender worked with that as one interaction?? Thanks!!
    09-21-09 03:18 PM
    I can't post links. Something about I don't haven enough posts to do so. There is a post on this site for a mobihand coupon code which you can get teh beyond 160. I think its 20% off.
    09-21-09 06:00 PM
    Ooo! What's the coupon code steff??

09-21-09 09:44 PM
    One thing I've noticed is I download the beyond160 14 day trial and I've gone past the 14 days and I can still use the program just like before.

Empowersmsviewer is something completely different. Its supposed to be the closest to threaded sms we can get. I personally think its a good program but you still have all of the sms separate until you click on one. Then it goes into the threaded mode.

09-21-09 10:11 PM
    Its on this post. Sorry for the delay was out.

forums.crackberry.com/f35/mobihand-software-coupons-210997/
    09-21-09 11:25 PM
    BChat only costs 99 cents and not only does it let you go over 160 characters, it you gives you threaded messaging

09-22-09 03:12 PM
    do any of these programs work with OS 5.0 and threaded SMS?
    09-24-09 01:41 PM
    I just tried to download the beyond 160 to my computer but i cant seem to open it???? can any one help me open the file so i can try it?? plz... thanks
    09-24-09 02:06 PM
    I just tried to download the beyond 160 to my computer but i cant seem to open it???? can any one help me open the file so i can try it?? plz... thanks
    You can download Beyond160 from here:

http://www.cannonsoft.com
    09-24-09 08:32 PM
    how do you open textender from the native app?
    09-26-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD