I ran across this article on CrackBerry http://crackberry.com/text-messaging...erry-messenger and I love the idea. The problem is I cant get it to work on my device (Sprint 9650 6.0.0.600 BBM6) I have reinstalled bbm and rebooted and it still does not work. The problem is I do not have the option to link blackberry messenger with blackberry contacks like it show in the article, I also do not have the optio to catagorize contacts like mentioned in the article. When I try to use bbm without doing the link, my messages show up in both the bbm and native text messaging aplication, but if I try to open it in bbm it opens in the native text messsenger. has anyone else had this problem, how do I get it to work? Thanks
    Last edited by bustermin; 08-14-11 at 10:50 AM.
    08-14-11 10:12 AM
    this is for bbm on os 6 i believe. i am using it on my torch. was very easy to add my contacts, and bbm tells me i have a msg not the sms icon for those contacts.

in my settings for bbm i have it set to "show text messages from contacts linkedwith bb contacts" make sure it is checked
    Last edited by sushistew; 08-14-11 at 10:45 AM.
    08-14-11 10:42 AM
    this is for bbm on os 6 i believe. i am using it on my torch. was very easy to add my contacts, and bbm tells me i have a msg not the sms icon for those contacts.
    I am using OS6 as stated in my OP, I am using OS 6.0.0.600
    08-14-11 10:47 AM
    in my settings for bbm i have it set to "show text messages from contacts linkedwith bb contacts" make sure it is checked
    It is, the problem is I do not have the option to link bbm with blackberry contacts. see photos i copied from the article the second one is where i run into a problem because i do not have the option it shows.
    08-14-11 11:05 AM
    so first u need to go to invite contact from bbm contacts

then you need to go to invite text message contact

enter name or number of person your adding and your bb should find them if they are already in contact list

hope that helps some
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-14-11 12:06 PM
    That is exactly how I did it. I don't understand why. I am missing the option to link??????

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 12:56 PM
    well i am out of ideas, sorry
    bustermin likes this.
    08-14-11 06:36 PM
    Ok, so I decided to re-install the OS. so I used BBSAK to wipe the device and then used App Loader to re-Install. Now, when I first have a clean install I DO have the option to link BlackBerry Contacts, but as soon as I enter a Contact either manually or by restoring from contacts the option to Link goes away. It is very strange, anyone have any Ideas?
    08-15-11 09:35 AM
    The plot thickens.... I just realized that I can link contacts but it is only certain ones, and I can not seem to figure out what is different between the contacts I can link to the contact i can not link, they seem the same to me......
    08-16-11 03:10 PM
    Look to see if there's any difference in how the phone number is between those that work and those that don't (ie, country code, parenthesis, etc).
    bustermin likes this.
    08-18-11 11:25 PM
    Look to see if there's any difference in how the phone number is between those that work and those that don't (ie, country code, parenthesis, etc).
    I did that as well, they look identical except for the numbers themselves. I have even created a new version of a contact that works and only changed the spelling of the contacts name and one will work and one will not. I do not know what is is looking at to tell the difference..... very odd. Thanks
    08-19-11 10:38 AM
    I did that as well, they look identical except for the numbers themselves. I have even created a new version of a contact that works and only changed the spelling of the contacts name and one will work and one will not. I do not know what is is looking at to tell the difference..... very odd. Thanks
    I haven't tried this out, but are the phone numbers for contents that you CAN link marked as "Mobile," and contents you CANNOT link marked as "Work," "Home," etc. (i.e., NOT marked as "Mobile" in your address book). I remember that one of my old BlackBerrys would not let me text any number that wasn't marked as "Mobile." Worth a shot...
    08-19-11 11:53 AM
    I haven't tried this out, but are the phone numbers for contents that you CAN link marked as "Mobile," and contents you CANNOT link marked as "Work," "Home," etc. (i.e., NOT marked as "Mobile" in your address book). I remember that one of my old BlackBerrys would not let me text any number that wasn't marked as "Mobile." Worth a shot...

I have already tried that, it makes no difference on my device

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 11:57 AM
    i think next you need to do is re install BBM with latest version and see if it will do the trick
    08-19-11 08:40 PM
    i think next you need to do is re install BBM with latest version and see if it will do the trick
    I have done that as well. I even tried the beta version....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:53 PM
    Sushi's directions worked for me and I am running BBM 5.0.3.22
    I refuse to run BBM6 as it makes my phone laggy. So it will work on a lower version of BBM.

I have OS 6.0.0.600 if that makes any difference , and it shouldn't.
    08-21-11 12:50 PM
    Sushi's directions worked for me and I am running BBM 5.0.3.22
    I refuse to run BBM6 as it makes my phone laggy. So it will work on a lower version of BBM.

I have OS 6.0.0.600 if that makes any difference , and it shouldn't.
    Can you tell me where I can get "BBM 5.0.3.22"? When I try to get it it forces me to download the latest official version (BBM6). I am using OS 6.0.0.600 as well...
    08-22-11 10:08 AM
    Can you tell me where I can get "BBM 5.0.3.22"? When I try to get it it forces me to download the latest official version (BBM6). I am using OS 6.0.0.600 as well...
    I have a copy I will zip and put in a dropbox. I will post here asap. Give me a minute.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17733850/Bla...er5.0.3.22.zip
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-22-11 at 03:24 PM.
    08-22-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD