I have to get some other program to handle the text messages. I cant deal with EVERYTHING being thrown together (phone calls, texts, emails, voice messages). The texts arent even well sorted.

I came over from the Palm and while everything else is done better on the B.B. the messages are hard to deal with.

Is there an app that can make me happier?

Thanks
    10-04-09 09:23 PM
    You can seperate everything. Just go to your messages then go to options then general options and you should be able to seperate everything.
    10-04-09 09:26 PM
    If you are referring to all those being under "messages" then go into messages > options > general options > SMS and Email inboxes and select separate.
    10-04-09 09:26 PM
    ok.. that helps a lot. Now for the SMS messages. Is there a app for them? Something that can file all of a single persons in coming and out going texts in a single area or folder? Seperate each person and log a conversational history?

Say I wanted to go back a review texts sent back and forth from Jim that is weeks old. How would I do that?
    10-04-09 10:07 PM
    Well there is is the short message history if you scroll down the list. I see you have a 8330, you could try the leaked version of OS 5.0 floating around, it adds threaded SMS.
    10-04-09 10:12 PM
    Try out Skydeck. It doesn't do alot on the BB, but it puts all the calls & texts on a webpage that you can sort.
    10-04-09 10:14 PM
    you can also get rid of the phone calls from appearing in the message inbox. press the green send button > menu button > options > call logging > select "none" > be happy and click save.
    10-04-09 10:16 PM
    Yes the 5.0 looks like it dose what I want with the messages. Only problem is I cant get 5.0 to show up on the App Loader even after running the 5.0 file's .exe
    10-05-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD