My girlfriend has a problem in which a text message alert got stuck in the status bar on her 9780.
    The same thing just happened to me on my 9860 and I think I figured out the source of the problem.

I believe it happens when you link a text message contact to BBM, update BBM and during the restart process, you receive a text from the contact.
    When the phone comes back online, I noticed that I had a text alert, however when I clicked it, it went to BBM due to the fact that the contact in question is linked to it; normally, the contact should show up as a BBM alert but since it was updated, I had to accept the TOS before using it again.

This now makes the text alert stuck in limbo as the only way to remove it is to open up the text message thread which is now impossible since it opens in BBM.

I've tried a battery pull and erasing the whole text thread to no avail. Short of deleting and reinstalling BBM, is there a way to get rid of the alert? Also, is there a way to unlink a text contact from BBM? I can't seem to find a way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 06:49 PM
    I copped out and reinstalled BBM to fix the issue. I however am still wondering how do I unlink a contact from BBM? As much as it's awesome that you can link your contacts, there has to be a way to revert them.

04-18-12 08:12 AM
    If you mean unlinking a BBM contact from your contact list/phonebook, Go open BBM > select the person > click on BB menu key > select Remove Link with Blackberry Contact.

Wasn't quite sure what you meant by text contact.
    04-19-12 02:55 AM
    Thank you so much! I've been scratching my head over this for quite a while.

04-19-12 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD