Ok, just downloaded the new Verizon BB software update. I thought I liked the new chat-style texting but NOT!!! I text the same people everyday. If I am texting to the same person but a different day or different messages, it adds it to the bottom of the previous chats to this person ... resulting in one looooong thread. Is there a way to separate texts sent to the same person ... At the end of a month, I could have one looooong thread with a single person ... UGGGHH!!

Thanks!
    Kim
    04-09-10 12:12 PM
    You can either delete the text once it gets too long, or downgrade back to 4.7 - I would suggest the former.
    04-09-10 12:29 PM
    +1.

I've also experienced in earlier 5.0 Betas that once the SMS chat gets too full, I was unable to open the conversation, and would have to delete the entire history for that one contact. Kind of was a PITA when there were some really good texts in there that I wanted to revisit. O:-) Hope it doesn't happen in the Official Vzw 5.0...

Every few days I delete old text conversations anyway as a matter of habit from 4.7.
    04-09-10 04:10 PM
    I don't like the threaded texting. We have BBM don't need threaded texting.
    some changes are horrible some were ok I downgraded to the 4.7 like it better
    04-09-10 04:44 PM
    How do you down-grade to 4.7?? Would that take the entire operating system back to what it was OR can I just down-grade the texting??
    04-10-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD