11-04-14 04:11 AM
497 ... 181920
tools
    I had to reinstall the 9700 emulator, I'll try it out later today.

I don't actively monitor this thread and hadn't really made changes in quite a while, so yeah I could see that getting missed. I recommend using a PM or something in the future, otherwise the thread will probably get buried.
    01-27-10 12:45 PM
    I had to reinstall the 9700 emulator, I'll try it out later today.
    Thank you for the response Sir. Any assistance would be much appreciated, as I very much enjoyed playing this on my old 8320.

I don't actively monitor this thread and hadn't really made changes in quite a while, so yeah I could see that getting missed. I recommend using a PM or something in the future, otherwise the thread will probably get buried.
    OK. NP. I will remember to utilize the PM route for communication with you for the next time. But, hopefully it can be resolved to avoid that anyway.

Unfortunately I am unable to capture a screen shot of this, because I cannot seem to get QuickLaunch to pop up over the game screen.
    01-27-10 01:30 PM
    If it's just a screen spacing issue, it should be fairly obvious to reproduce once I run it on the emulator.
    01-27-10 01:35 PM
    If it's just a screen spacing issue, it should be fairly obvious to reproduce once I run it on the emulator.
    Once again, thank you for your efforts. Patiently waiting.
    Just in case it helps, I'm on 5.0.0.442.
    01-27-10 02:06 PM
    Uhm, I'm not seeing any scores being cut off on the 9700 emulator... Also I had a Tour before which uses the same version and I don't recall seeing an issue a few months ago either.
    01-27-10 11:16 PM
    Uhm, I'm not seeing any scores being cut off on the 9700 emulator... Also I had a Tour before which uses the same version and I don't recall seeing an issue a few months ago either.
    Uhm, Ok. I was able to download & use CaptureIt instead of QL. Notice the letters and scoring areas on the right hand side of the display. Also this was taken quickly at the beginning of the game. If the scores were higher there would be less to see, even though the digit spacing should move to the left. There is obviously something wrong with the rendering.

Is there anything further that can be done?
    01-27-10 11:51 PM
    Somehow you have the wrong font, which I am pretty sure is a device problem...

Maybe you are missing a font so it defaults to that horrible font.
    01-28-10 12:34 AM
    Somehow you have the wrong font, which I am pretty sure is a device problem...

Maybe you are missing a font so it defaults to that horrible font.
    OK... I just don't know how I could be missing or have the wrong fonts on an 8900 from last year as well as a 9700 this year. These are 2 separate devices on different OS's. I would also tend to think if it was a device issue, it would show up in other aspects of the device display with different applications.

Maybe you could look at it on an actual 9700 device as opposed to an emulator? IDK. Maybe you know someone with a 9700 that you could actually look at. Just thoughts.

Oh well, I just wanted to try again.
    I really enjoyed it on my 8320.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    All the best...
    01-28-10 12:44 AM
    I cant check a real 9700 because I don't have one. But anyone on this board can.

People feel free to chime in if the scores look correct during a game on a 9700, 8900 or Tour.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-28-10 12:53 AM
    I cant check a real 9700 because I don't have one.
    I must apologize. Sort of...

I have just checked my display settings, and it appears that you are correct. I use BBCapitals font 10. It does appear that if I change this to a maximum of font 6 it will display within the borders of the screen. Font 7 and above pushes it out of the screen border.

The problem is that these settings make my phone in general almost totally unsusable, because I cannot read anything using that small of a font. (crappy eyes).

So, even though I could change my font to play the game, it's not worth it to me to have to keep changing my phone settings in order to do so. I am a firm believer that apps are made to work with the BB, not the BB having to be made to work with an app. Maybe an auto font sizing, or a set font within the app for different displays would work better. IDK.

I still appreciate the assistance, but due to this limitation, I still need to delete it, because it's just taking up space if not in use.

Great application.

The best to you and yours...
    01-28-10 01:14 AM
    i'll look into a way to override the font selection

01-28-10 02:30 AM
    Try the new version, I think I fixed it.
    01-28-10 04:04 AM
    Try the new version, I think I fixed it.
    Oh now you THINK so huh!?!?.....

Well, Yeesss! You ABSOULUTELY DID!!!

I thought it was going to just be written off because after all it is a free offering, but I was shocked to see that you have been working on this throughout the evening to get it to display correctly. I am SO happy that I can enjoy this game again without basically disabling my BB for other uses. No adjustments, just click & play.

You have just recruited another fan for your hard work & effort. I also cannot put you in a category of developers that "doesn't listen or respond". This could have turned out differently though if I was nasty or rude to you (it pays to be coordial and honest). This was a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

You hit an out the park Grand Slam!

Thank you and all the best wishes.

Brad.
    01-28-10 05:42 AM
    Yeah i dont think anyone noticed this because that particular font setting probably isn't very common.

01-28-10 12:02 PM
    I was asking this in the leaked OS6 forum but I guess I should have asked here first......I am having trouble with this AWESOME game since upgrading to OS6. Any plans to make it work on 6.0 or is it something I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
    Chad
    12-21-10 08:57 PM
    Going to have to be a bit more specific.

What device and what's the issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 02:59 AM
    OH DUH! Sorry, 9700 OS6. The game works but the bottom 2 rows blend together. Like when the straight 4 block piece falls, if you lay it down and let it drop to the bottom, when it lands it looks like there are 2 at the bottom not just the one. Like it gets stuck on the second row as it falls past it. I'm not making any sense. Thanks
    12-22-10 06:58 AM
    That's odd.. I wouldn't expect os6 to cause graphical weirdness on the same device. Only problem is I don't think I can test it right now because they don't have 9700 simulators with OS6 yet.

Also I'm pretty sure it worked fine on the 9650 with OS6 (which uses the same build) so I'm not sure what the difference could be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 11:52 AM
    YAY, all better now. I just deleted the game and re-installed. Works like a charm. Thank you so much for that game. I really really like it. Was going through withdrawals!

Chad
    12-22-10 04:51 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to get the latest version of this game for the BlackBerry 9790? It is super addictive just like the original! Good job papped.
    11-03-14 03:56 AM
    f

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:22 PM
    what is f? amir abdoli55
    11-04-14 04:11 AM
497 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD