Yeah 83xx has basically all of the problems. However if not everyone with a 83xx is having the problems, then I'm not sure what the problem is... It works just fine on the 83xx simulator.

Case and point is some people on the 83xx were having problems on 3.x and lower, but you weren't.
    03-06-09 11:54 PM
    As the Storm, I dunno... It's a decent amount of work because of all the controls are completely different.
    03-07-09 12:03 AM
    Is there any way to load a previous v3.x for Tetris? I've checked around to see if anyone had archived an older version that did work on my 8330 but haven't been able to find a previous version.
    03-07-09 04:28 AM
    I don't archive the old versions, so you'd have to find it from someone
    03-07-09 05:08 AM
    I have versions 3.0, 3.1, and 3.6 from the 3.x versions.
    03-07-09 11:17 AM
    I actually saw the block piling issue on the Bold at the end of the game. Gonna have to try and figure out why.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 07:17 PM
    Papped, I discovered a bug. My apologies if this has been previously mentioned and I missed it or forget I read it.

Its kinda like a "cheat" right now. I like to stack up the long straight pieces all in the same column and I noticed that when I get enough of them and they stack up to the very top of the screen the column never goes down. Even when I complete a row, all the other rows drop down as normal but this one column always stays full. I hope you understand what I am saying. Let me know if you need any further details.
    03-07-09 10:07 PM
    Yeah I think I need to rewrite something in regards to the game ending. That's the same issue as the blocks getting "stuck" on the Bold. Only in my case the stack was in the middle, so every block that spawned added to it and it just kept adding to the score.
    03-07-09 10:11 PM
    Updated to v4.3
    03-08-09 05:34 AM
    Updated to v4.3
    I'm having the same issues with version 4.3

03-08-09 12:16 PM
    Yeah I didn't rewrite the collision yet.

03-08-09 02:43 PM
    Updated to v4.3
    v4.3 seems to be working better on my 8330 than did v4.2 ... so far. I've not had any crashes yet. Blocks did pile up once, which is far less than with v4.2. Response still lags a bit. Hitting Q rarely results in blocks dropping. And response to trackball even when at most sensitive setting usually is slow to act. Otherwise, v4.3 seems to be resolving some of the problems I've seen on my 8330 (OS 4.5).
    03-09-09 11:44 AM
    I implemented a collision system, so hopefully this should fix block pileup and a bunch of other issues. Gonna release it soon.
    03-09-09 12:24 PM
    v5.0 is up
    03-09-09 12:34 PM
    I've downloaded v5.0 so far seems to work fine on my 8330. However, I noticed one quirk ... if I turn off the sound, it will freeze up nearly every time. But with sound on, so far no glitches.
    03-09-09 03:00 PM
    If you turn off the sound during a game? Or if you just turn it off in general? Does it stay frozen?
    03-09-09 03:02 PM
    5.0 seems to have solved the collision issue but I tried to play a few times and once it quit on me and the other 2 times the blocks stopped coming.

03-09-09 06:06 PM
    Yeah, that's some sort of problem with the 83xx or it's OS.... None of the other phones get that. Actually I don't think I've ever heard of a Pearl having those issues so far, which also uses 4.5.0.xx
    03-09-09 06:22 PM
    Hmm
    On my BB Bold is this problem too...
    The blocks freezes, I can go into menu change options, view Highscores, pause gaming, sound on/off

But, hey, its a very nice Game
    My last used version works great(3.6)

03-09-09 07:52 PM
    Odd, I've never seen a block freeze on the Bold so far.
    03-09-09 08:07 PM
    Odd, I've never seen a block freeze on the Bold so far.
    I would show you, but how
    The block doesn't came to screen.

03-09-09 08:19 PM
    If you turn off the sound during a game? Or if you just turn it off in general? Does it stay frozen?
    Initially it was when turning off the sound via the BBTetris menu. But....after giving it a lot more workout, I began seeing problems (freezing...or more specifically the next block not showing up) happen whether the sound was off or not. And nothing would get the game going again other than choosing Exit. Mainly the problem has been, as mentioned above, the next block not coming onto the board (though the next block does appear on the upper right of the screen to let me know what block is supposed to come next). One other problem that happened just once was the game abruptly ending, taking me to the high score screen, but that happened only once.

Other than working through these problems, this game has great potential. I've tried out various Tetris games, but none so far have come close to what you are developing. Maybe its just the 83xx device or the 83xx + 4.5 operating system thats the problem. But hopefully it will be ironed out and when that happens it would be worth paying for.
    03-09-09 10:23 PM
    downloaded the upgraded version for my curve but haven't played yet - thanks for your work though! I love this game
    03-09-09 11:53 PM
    haven't had any issue with all the other version until 5.0 I should've just kept the last version cause this one, the blocks stops coming down after a minute or so
    03-10-09 01:23 AM
    v5.1 updated
    03-10-09 02:20 AM
497 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD