What do you mean by stiffer? The sensitivity only applies to the down scrolling.
    04-20-09 08:29 PM
    What do you mean by stiffer? The sensitivity only applies to the down scrolling.

Well sometimes I use the scrolling when I am plaing with one hand and doing other things lol. I guess I just have to get accustom to using the "q" button. It just feel different I guess.
    04-20-09 09:29 PM
    I don't notice anything "stiffer"... wow, so many jokes could be made here.
    04-20-09 09:39 PM
    Well sometimes I use the scrolling when I am plaing with one hand and doing other things lol. I guess I just have to get accustom to using the "q" button. It just feel different I guess.
    So it's only regarding the downscroll? The downscroll requires different trackball sensitivity values than it used to and I removed some (since it goes 1, 3, 5, etc).

I can maybe add some of the in-betweens in the next version. For most purposes, 5 seems to work well on 80/80 trackball though.
    04-20-09 09:59 PM
    So it's only regarding the downscroll? The downscroll requires different trackball sensitivity values than it used to and I removed some (since it goes 1, 3, 5, etc).

I can maybe add some of the in-betweens in the next version. For most purposes, 5 seems to work well on 80/80 trackball though.
    IMO that's the perfect setting (5 with 80/80 trackball) I tried it faster and slower but 5 is perfect. two little downscrolls makes it much less likely to fastdrop on accident, but more than two make it kind of a hassle.
    04-20-09 10:28 PM

I understand but like on the other version I can just do a light flick and POOF piece falls down. On this one it doesn't seem to get the input. I kind of had to do it slowing or push down harder. I tried all sensitivity and what not. It okay don't worry about it I can deal with using the "q" button.
    04-20-09 11:57 PM
    been looking for tetris. thanks
    04-21-09 12:07 AM
    You can still roll the trackball downward to do a fast drop. Its instant, but you can still adjust the blocks after they land. How much you have to scroll to trigger it is set by the trackball sensitivity setting.

The appearance probably will stay the same, although I'm not sure why you think its distorted. The blocks are still square.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Could you add a key that would allow the block to drop quickly but not instantly (like a few versions ago)? I like having the option to either drop instantly or quickly.

Thanks for such a great game!
    04-21-09 10:10 AM
    Could you add a key that would allow the block to drop quickly but not instantly (like a few versions ago)? I like having the option to either drop instantly or quickly.

Thanks for such a great game!
    I don't particularly see the use though.. What does it accomplish that's different?
    04-21-09 12:22 PM
    Thanks!!
    Awesome app.
    04-21-09 12:54 PM
    I don't particularly see the use though.. What does it accomplish that's different?
    Sorry -- I hadn't upgraded to the latest version. You've fixed this with the immediate drop and the ability to move it after it lands but before the next one drops.

My issue was with the first version that replaced the fast drop with the immediate drop/lock combo.
    04-21-09 12:58 PM
    is there any chance of you posting a download link for the computer? I don't have Internet access on my blackberry set up nor do i plan on it but i would really like this game
    04-23-09 05:13 PM
    is there any chance of you posting a download link for the computer? I don't have Internet access on my blackberry set up nor do i plan on it but i would really like this game
    Right Click on the version for your phone and "Save Target As..." to your computer and then copy it to your BlackBerry SD Card. Install it using the file manager on the BlackBerry.

I think that should be correct.
    04-24-09 12:33 PM
    Yep, that works. Sometimes you will get issues (errors) updating that way though. If that happens, delete the app, then install from the sd card in the mentioned way.
    04-24-09 12:35 PM
    Found an interesting bug. I paused a game and went back to my phone and forgot about it. I had to do a battery pull later in the day. The next day I came back to the game, and it was still paused, so I hit resume. The speed of the blocks falling never changed, and stayed level 1 slow (I'm guessing) for as long as I wanted to play. I was up to level 25 with over 300,000 points and they were still coming slowly. I finally felt guilty and let the blocks stack up and the game end.

Verizon 8330
    05-01-09 07:48 AM
    If you did a battery pull the game can't keep running in the background, unless I don't get what you're sayinh

05-01-09 10:55 AM
    Sounds like the game somehow saved itself or something, because like you said its not possible.
    Forgot I was able to get this for my 8900, I had it on my 8320 and loved it. Thaanks for the game again Papped!

05-01-09 03:04 PM
    Are you sure it was a battery pull and not a "power off"?

Apps could keep running with a power off, but a battery pull is different.

05-01-09 03:29 PM
    Updated all versions to 5.7
    05-02-09 09:37 PM
    papped I love you for making this, you are my hero.
    05-02-09 10:54 PM
    yay!

10x
    05-03-09 01:28 AM
    Are you sure it was a battery pull and not a "power off"?

Apps could keep running with a power off, but a battery pull is different.

I used QuickPull, which I thought simulated a battery pull. Either way, when I came back and resumed the game.... no speed increase.

I see you've updated to 5.7, does that fix the issue?
    05-04-09 08:41 AM
    I am having issues installing. I am running 4.5.0.124 on a Pearl 8100. When I attempt to download and install I get a download failed message, which details state, "907 Invalid AJR unable to find trailer bytes."

Any ideas on how I can get this working? I'd love to give it a try!
    05-04-09 09:43 AM
    First I would clear your browser cache, then retry the install.

You could try saving the .jar to your phone, then opening it in Media > Menu > Explore to install.

Also if you already have an older version installed try deleting it first.
    Last edited by papped; 05-04-09 at 02:47 PM.
    05-04-09 01:52 PM
    I used QuickPull, which I thought simulated a battery pull. Either way, when I came back and resumed the game.... no speed increase.

I see you've updated to 5.7, does that fix the issue?
    Weird, I tried the same scenario (also using quickpull) and it didn't occur. Technically impossible for the app to keep running after a battery pull so I'm thinking something just screwed up. Hopefully you can't reproduce it.
    05-04-09 01:53 PM
497 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD