Installing v5.4 now. Looking forward to 'road testing' the latest tweaks. The previous instant drop had been affecting my scores, so glad that's been tweaked.

Remember ya'll that we can give a donations in appreciation for all the hard work papped has put into this game.
    03-30-09 03:47 PM
    Added the current beta for Pacman for the BB Bold on my site, even though I probably won't work on it further.
    03-31-09 02:17 AM
    Installing v5.4 now. Looking forward to 'road testing' the latest tweaks.
    So far v5.4 has been working great. All the problems I've had on the previous versions now gone (at least on my 8330). And really like having the quick drop Q and trackball options back. Thanks!
    04-02-09 11:26 AM
    5.4 works good. Maybe you will consider having the 'p' button as a one-touch pause button, so that we don't have to press the menu button to pause. And also, maybe you'll consider having the sound turned off by default when first entering the game. A slight problem is when i press 'q' and the piece drops to the bottom, i'm still able to move that piece by scrolling the trackball left or right, in anticipation of the next piece. So it just moves the piece into a position that i didnt want it to be in, i hope this is insightful. if the last piece of info is not clear, i'd be willing to clarify
    04-02-09 11:29 PM
    Its designed to be a soft drop. Q is just an alternative to downscrolling the trackball.

As for the sound, if I start it disabled then I'm going to get the request for the opposite since its basically a preference.
    The "P" for pause I can add in the next version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 12:48 AM
    Found a nice bug with "New Game" that ill need to fix

04-03-09 03:25 PM
    Updated to v5.5
    04-04-09 05:22 PM
    Sucks. Just like all Tetris games for the Blackberry.

04-11-09 02:04 PM
    Aww, what's the matter, your paid version of Tetris not selling that well?
    04-11-09 02:15 PM
    Sucks. Just like all Tetris games for the Blackberry.

figures there'd be some unappreciative pri*k whining about a FREE game. it's nothing like any of the other Tetris games for the BB, you obviously haven't played the others.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-11-09 at 07:07 PM.
    04-11-09 06:59 PM
    Just a random flamer who sat on his joystick. Pay it no attention =P
    04-11-09 08:39 PM
    Just a random flamer who sat on his joystick. Pay it no attention =P
    LOL

enough said
    04-11-09 11:13 PM
    You mean like new block types? Or do you mean starting with blocks filled?
    If you could start with a random amount of blocks filled (4, 8, 12?), it would make the game interesting to start out with.
    04-12-09 08:37 AM
    If you could start with a random amount of blocks filled (4, 8, 12?), it would make the game interesting to start out with.
    Maybe. We'll see. Currently fixing a couple issues.
    04-12-09 03:16 PM
    v5.6 is out. Release notes on the site like usual.
    04-12-09 04:59 PM
    I'm lovin the graphic improvements, bigger blocks and stuff... looks real good.
    04-12-09 06:23 PM
    Some day I'll make 3d models for the blocks when I'm not lazy instead of just photoshop bevels...
    04-12-09 06:23 PM
    Hey papped I download your first version before you added the grid and loved it. Then I upgraded to the first version where you added the grid and I still loved it. It was still called BBTetris at this point.

I haven't checked any updates until now. Now to be honest this version is not my favorite. I prefer to control the entire game with the trackball. Also, I find the look of it distorted on the BOLD. I deleted it and was glad it didn't replace BBTetris.

Your work is amazing and this is ONLY an opinion. I still look forward to your updates.

04-12-09 07:00 PM
    ty for the app.. works great
    04-12-09 07:03 PM
    NIce find!
    thank you! i love playing this game and have been waiting for a free app of it!
    thanks again its awesome
    04-12-09 07:17 PM
    Hey papped I download your first version before you added the grid and loved it. Then I upgraded to the first version where you added the grid and I still loved it. It was still called BBTetris at this point.

I haven't checked any updates until now. Now to be honest this version is not my favorite. I prefer to control the entire game with the trackball. Also, I find the look of it distorted on the BOLD. I deleted it and was glad it didn't replace BBTetris.
    Not sure I get what you mean. The game can still be fully controlled by the trackball. The other keys are optional.

04-12-09 07:27 PM
    I mean that I liked how a quick downward swipe would speed the shapes descent. From what I noticed in this new version you have to push the # key and it almost instantly pushes the shape to the bottom.

I am more concerned about the distorted appearance in this version. is this how it will remain?

04-12-09 07:57 PM
    You can still roll the trackball downward to do a fast drop. Its instant, but you can still adjust the blocks after they land. How much you have to scroll to trigger it is set by the trackball sensitivity setting.

The appearance probably will stay the same, although I'm not sure why you think its distorted. The blocks are still square.

04-12-09 08:07 PM
    Its designed to be a soft drop. Q is just an alternative to downscrolling the trackball.

As for the sound, if I start it disabled then I'm going to get the request for the opposite since its basically a preference.
    The "P" for pause I can add in the next version.

about the sound part, my reasoning was that, usually i play it because i'm bored in a somewhat quiet environment (school or library, etc...). so when i start the game and have the sound on it's annoying to myself and others. i realize its a personal preference, but if u have it off by default, then whoever wants it can turn it on or w/e. i think i speak for many when i request this. but of course, its your game, so do w/e you feel is best.
    04-14-09 08:55 PM
    Does anyone else feel that the newer version feel a little stiffer then the old one? I try to change the sensitivity but it just isn't the same.
    04-20-09 08:09 PM
497 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD