Downloaded v5.2 and seeing how it works on my 8330. So far no problems...it works great! No crashing, no piles of blocks at top, no periodic hourglass (memory leak on older versions?), etc.

One suggestion...there is another commercial game named "Tetris" which I had to overwrite to install v5.2. Not that the other game is that good, but it was a 'backup' when BBTetis was acting up.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in improving BBTetris!
    03-27-09 01:35 PM
    Downloaded v5.2 and seeing how it works on my 8330. So far no problems...it works great! No crashing, no piles of blocks at top, no periodic hourglass (memory leak on older versions?), etc.

One suggestion...there is another commercial game named "Tetris" which I had to overwrite to install v5.2. Not that the other game is that good, but it was a 'backup' when BBTetis was acting up.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in improving BBTetris!
    Yeah I'll probably change the name to something completely different for the next version. Thanks for the donation.

I don't think the old version was leaking memory, but it probably had some optimization problems that were apparent on the 83xx and not so much on the Bold because of the slower processor. The drawing is much more optimized so it should definitely be smoother.
    03-27-09 01:42 PM
    On v5.2 for the 8330, I've noticed the high scores of 10,000+ have the right digit is chopped in half so a "0" looks more like a "(" or "C" ... and the right half of the "e" in "Score" is chopped off, too. Scores below 10,000 show up correctly. Since I removed the v4.3 not sure if that was the case before. No biggie but just thought I'd pass that along.
    03-27-09 03:03 PM
    Ill check the strings in the simulator later when I get a chance, thanks.

Probably just need to allocate more space for the scores

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 03:17 PM
    v5.3 is out, mostly just addresses the downscroll doing a fastdrop too easily (increased the trackball sensitivity settings).

The odd thing is that scores over 10k are not cutting off at all in the 8330 simulator...
    03-28-09 01:03 AM
    Do you mean the back key? Also I removed the top and bottom of the frame, so those screenshots look correct.
    [...]
    Yes, I did mean the back key.

On v5.2 for the 8330, I've noticed the high scores of 10,000+ have the right digit is chopped in half so a "0" looks more like a "(" or "C" ... and the right half of the "e" in "Score" is chopped off, too. Scores below 10,000 show up correctly.
    The odd thing is that scores over 10k are not cutting off at all in the 8330 simulator...
    They weren't cutting off for me in v5.2 or in this release.
    03-28-09 09:27 AM
    v5.3 is out, mostly just addresses the downscroll doing a fastdrop too easily (increased the trackball sensitivity settings).

The tweaks made for v5.3 are working better on my 8330. However, still seeing some scores cut off for 10k+.

Also noticed a strange characteristic of v5.2 and v5.3 high scores where the high score on the listing is generally 80ish points higher than its respective Last Score listed above. In earlier versions it seemed that a new High Score listing would match the Last Score shown at the top.

In v5.2 in several cases when game ended and I was taken to the High Score screen, the Last Score number would continue to increase as if tracking the increasing national debt....but haven't seen that yet in v5.3.

Overall, like the tweaks you've made, especially the trackball sensitivity adjustment!
    03-28-09 04:50 PM
    Its possible the block that ends the game possibly shows in the last score on the high score page but not on the gamescreen since it ended. Not sure though

03-28-09 05:41 PM
    I'm not really liking how the tiles come down instantly if you touble tap the trackball, I liked the way v4.3 would do it and make it faster but still able to manipulate the tiles... it beats waiting forever for them to get down towards the bottom if you need to push one of them over when you get there.

is there a way to download 4.3 still? that version was much better with movement. shouldn't have deleted it before I downloaded this one I guess :\
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-28-09 at 09:44 PM.
    03-28-09 09:42 PM
    Its on the berryreview mirror

03-28-09 11:17 PM
    Its on the berryreview mirror

tried that, it's showing 5.3 as well.
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-29-09 at 03:35 AM.
    03-28-09 11:49 PM
    ? I don't get what you mean. There's a 4.3 folder on berryreview alt

03-29-09 12:33 AM
    nevermind, for some reason I couldn't get to the folder on my phone, it was giving me a 500 error and when I went into the regular folder it would tell me 5.3... I had to do it on my computer and copy/paste and email it. strange

anyway, it works.
    03-29-09 03:38 AM
    I'm not really liking how the tiles come down instantly if you touble tap the trackball, I liked the way v4.3 would do it and make it faster but still able to manipulate the tiles... it beats waiting forever for them to get down towards the bottom if you need to push one of them over when you get there.
    I like this suggestion cuz sometimes I'm trying to coax the blocks to hurry up and get to the bottom if I need to do a right or left move.
    03-29-09 12:57 PM
    I like this suggestion cuz sometimes I'm trying to coax the blocks to hurry up and get to the bottom if I need to do a right or left move.
    I would also like a return to the slower fast drop. Papped -- maybe you could leave "Q" as the fast drop and let the "trackball down" motion cause it to go somewhere between normal and fast.

Thanks again for the best version of Tetris yet!!
    03-29-09 08:23 PM
    Plannin on implementing it so that you can adjust the block position after a fastdrop

03-29-09 10:00 PM
    Plannin on implementing it so that you can adjust the block position after a fastdrop

sounds good, I do love the new look of it though.
    03-29-09 10:24 PM
    v5.4 is up and running
    03-30-09 02:19 AM
    this version is much better, I like the delay after the quickdrop that lets you scoot the tiles in place.
    03-30-09 05:37 AM
    The delay after quickdrop is better from 5.2 to 5.4 indeed, but now once a block is at the bottom it is too easy to inadvertently rotate before the next block drops. I'd love an option for quickdrop to allow it to be like 2x speed, fast like it was in 4.3 or instant like it is now as I preferred the 4.3 speed increase, but maybe a bit faster over the instant from 5.4 even.

Also, is it possible to either ask if you really want to exit when pressing the exit button next to the scrollball as I have fat fingered this way too many times, especially in the higher levels, and there is no backing out. Other than a prompt, having it leave the game running in a paused state would be fine as well. Closing should be a menu Exit.

Thanks for the great work!
    03-30-09 12:43 PM
    Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to catch the back key event, but it's not very straightforward for some reason.

I can maybe add an option to switch fastdrop back to a speed increase, but we'll see... It's a decent amount of work to implement. It just took me a little while to get used to the fact that a block is not locked until the next block shows up, which isn't that bad.
    Last edited by papped; 03-30-09 at 01:07 PM.
    03-30-09 01:04 PM
    Is there any way in future versions you could incorporate a few extra layers of random blocks to spice the game up?
    03-30-09 02:02 PM
    You mean like new block types? Or do you mean starting with blocks filled?
    03-30-09 02:02 PM
    I would also like a return to the slower fast drop. Papped -- maybe you could leave "Q" as the fast drop and let the "trackball down" motion cause it to go somewhere between normal and fast.

Thanks again for the best version of Tetris yet!!
    I'm with you on this. I hate to sound like a guy complaining about something he got for free, but my scores have suffered with the new fast drop. The fast slide down(old way) you could actually use as a tactic to slide a piece under at the last minute.
    Thanks for the game, though.
    03-30-09 02:28 PM
    I'm with you on this. I hate to sound like a guy complaining about something he got for free, but my scores have suffered with the new fast drop. The fast slide down(old way) you could actually use as a tactic to slide a piece under at the last minute.
    Thanks for the game, though.
    You can still do the same thing on v5.4
    03-30-09 02:35 PM
497 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD