Can't really say why that is. Might be a phone specific issue, as I've updated every rev on my Bold fine.
    no problems on my 8330 either. maybe he is not refreshing the download screen.
    02-24-09 01:08 PM
    Can't really say why that is. Might be a phone specific issue, as I've updated every rev on my Bold fine.
    I'll try a wipe then upgrading again over the weekend.

no problems on my 8330 either. maybe he is not refreshing the download screen.
    I normally download and install from my SD Card...
    02-24-09 03:19 PM
    Yeah no problems on my 8320 either...PDM did you try installing OTA instead of from your SD card?

Btw papped, keep up the awesome work. I've been following your app since I first saw it on Berry Review and I can say this is my favorite app on my phone.

Good work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 03:59 PM
    Yeah I always install ota. Can't say I've tried downloading it first and launching the jar.
    02-24-09 04:17 PM
    Tried to download for the 9000 and does not work. Any suggestions?
    02-24-09 05:26 PM
    Does not work as in what? Also did you try the alt mirror?
    02-24-09 05:31 PM
    would it be possible to make a version for the Pearl (240x260)??
    i would like a pearl version too!
    02-24-09 08:48 PM
    Updated to v3.6. Lucky pearl owners...
    02-25-09 02:52 AM
    Big thank you from my wife... re: 81xx version. No issues to-date...

Wiped and re-installed my 88xx late lastnight & upgrade from v3.5 to v3.6 was seemless (from SD Card).

Many thanks for your efforts!
    02-25-09 04:34 AM
    Love that tetris sound - very rewarding!
    02-25-09 05:57 AM
    tetris on my 81XX works great thanks!!

my only suggestion would be to have the quick drop be a instant placement rather than slightly faster.
    02-25-09 07:51 AM
    thanks!!!
    02-25-09 08:26 AM
    From a pearl owner: thanks a milion!

02-25-09 10:47 AM
    tetris on my 81XX works great thanks!!

my only suggestion would be to have the quick drop be a instant placement rather than slightly faster.
    I don't think it'd work that well unless I change it so that you can adjust a piece briefly after a fast drop first.
    02-25-09 12:20 PM
    Hey papped, looks like I spoke too soon. After upgrading to 3.6, I now get the random ending error. I'll be playing a game, and it will just end (and go to the high score screen if if I've made one). I have a VZW 8330.
    02-25-09 01:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's not related to 3.6 though. Nothing was changed in regards to the game ending and people reported getting that issue on the 83XX before 3.6. All 3.6 did was basically add a sound file that plays when you get a tetris.

My only recommendation would be to uninstall the old version, restart, then install the new one and see if it still happens.

If it's an OS specific problem (4.5) then I would expect some Pearl users would see it. If not, then I have no idea...
    Last edited by papped; 02-25-09 at 04:27 PM.
    02-25-09 02:02 PM
    I have no problems on my 8320 with restart issues.

Only complaint tho is when unpausing a game the right half of the screen (with all the info) stays white. Its not really a huge deal considering it goes away almost immediately.

Just thought I'd give the heads up in case anyone else complained about this. I'll try and give screenshots if I come across it again.

02-26-09 03:58 PM
    Yeah I know what that is coming from. I thought I fixed most of those cases though.

What is the sequence to do this? Also I'm assuming you are running v3.5 or higher?
    i.e.
    -Pause game
    -Then do you have to minimize the app, then come back?
    -etc

That "sudden pause" issue is totally wacko, considering some people get it and others don't. I'm pretty sure it's not the code also since there's only 2 conditions for the game pausing, which is triggered by the menu or minimizing the app...

Same thing with the game ending suddenly issue (there's only 1 condition for that)...

Now maybe something on some people's phones is causing the app to minimize temporarily...
    Last edited by papped; 02-26-09 at 04:13 PM.
    02-26-09 04:11 PM
    I am not sure if I am missing something but I've downloaded the 8320 version and it's not showing the correct screen format. The scores on the right side of my screen are cut off.
    02-26-09 04:19 PM
    I'll check it when I can later today, but I'm pretty sure it should be working correctly... Haven't heard anything else from other people.
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    papped you are the man!!! Or woman?? Sorry I don't know if ur male or female lol but thanks for the tetris....so far so good

02-26-09 07:44 PM
    Hey papped,

I did what you suggested, deleted BBTetris, then downloaded and reinstalled, and I'm still getting the random ending problem. It doesn't happen on every game, just sometimes. It's happened twice with this version, and I don't know if it's connected, but I noticed that it's happened when I get close to one of my high scores. I had a high score in the 40,000, and it ended on me when I got close to that score. Then I set a high score over 100,000, and it ended again when I got close to that score. Again, I don't know if it's connected, I just noticed it.
    02-27-09 08:29 AM
    also for the game play with real tetris when the pieces hit the bottom (or another piece) you still have time to move them around until you stop moving, yours glues on contact.... is that something that can be changed if not I still think you got the best free tetris out there!
    02-27-09 11:05 AM
    It's possible, would need to implement it.
    02-27-09 12:17 PM
    Hey papped,

I did what you suggested, deleted BBTetris, then downloaded and reinstalled, and I'm still getting the random ending problem. It doesn't happen on every game, just sometimes. It's happened twice with this version, and I don't know if it's connected, but I noticed that it's happened when I get close to one of my high scores. I had a high score in the 40,000, and it ended on me when I got close to that score. Then I set a high score over 100,000, and it ended again when I got close to that score. Again, I don't know if it's connected, I just noticed it.
    So weird that it happens to some people, but not others even on the same phone...
    02-27-09 12:23 PM
497 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD