Hey, is their anyway to use this tether app I recently got from here without downloading the application from the internet site to the computer? I manage to get laptop that doesn't have wifi, but it does have a modem. I have no way of getting this thing on the internet because I don't have a home internet connection or access to one. I was thinking the only way I could have access to a wired internet connection was going to some random hotel and using their internet ports. Just not sure that anybody is still offering that type of service anymore.

I lost my DM disc but I do have my 8530 and the USB cable to work with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 02:33 PM
    If you get on the app, there is a way to download the app with the network.

Download the EXE directly to the sd card and just plug it in. It will ask you if you want to download the drivers as well. Its pretty epic.

01-05-11 03:03 PM
    Yeah, in the Tether app on the BlackBerry, press the Menu button and select "Download PC files".

Then once the files are on the SD card, either put the card in a card read and connect the card read to a computer and copy the files that way.

Or connect the BlackBerry to a computer and use Mass Storage Mode to copy the file over to the computer.

Then run the EXE file on the computer.
    01-05-11 03:33 PM
    Thanks.

I've never open the app so I didn't have any idea about the "download files to pc" option.

01-05-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD