Hi, ...seems people tend to not like discussing torrent related issues on these forums... but...

my question is about tethering apps and torrents. I can torrent with VZW paid tethering (broadband connect), but pdanet seems to throttle or disable torrents, at least on the free version...

Do torrents work using other tether apps, or on the paid version of pdanet?

I'm not worried about bandwidth limits; I keep track of my usage...
    05-31-11 04:05 PM
    torrenting on BB? i never know that was possible..
    06-01-11 08:43 AM
    The free version of PDANet blocks access to certain sites, i.e. secure web pages.. That may be the issue using PDANet's free version.
    06-01-11 10:30 AM
    well... it doesn't exactly block secured sites very well... I'm sure the developers are aware of that, although I don't want to bring more attention to it. An older version (1.30) uses popups and no secure site blocking, and a newer version (2.01) dos some secure site blocking and no popup (i think they are up to 2.30 currently). But it do allow secure connections upon a restart of the desktop pdanet software... so not very effective at blocking secure sites.

not sure how secured site blocking would affect torrents tho... there was definitely a change over the past few months... torrent used to work on the pdanet free version as a slow speed, and for a short duration (40KBps down for about a half hour)....

weird...
    06-01-11 01:36 PM
    You can't do it. I read that certain ports are blocked. Sad yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD