Can I use tetherberry with my tour to play xbox live and use netflix? also will my bill go up because of it?
    04-17-10 04:34 PM
    I'm curious about this as well for the PS3...anyone figured this out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:15 PM
    not sure if it matters but i have vzw
    04-17-10 08:34 PM
    Lol, remember that your TOS probably forbid tethering.
    The short answer, I believe, is yes, you can.
    But remember that that's a LOT of data, and if you use that much data you might get in trouble from Verizon.
    Also, as far as I can tell Tether only pulls in 20kbps, which is kinda slow for xbox live and netflix, right? (not completely sure on that).
    I THINK that you CAN do it. I wouldn't, cuz I wouldn't want to get hit with a huge tethering data bill.
    04-17-10 08:47 PM
    If you have unlimited data, tethering does NOT add anything to your bill because you have UNLIMITED data...I got this info straight from a Sprint technical support rep, he told me that tethering doesn't add anything to a data usage plan that is unlimited and that was after I told him that I planned to purchase Tether. It does not violate any TOS with Sprint, that much I know, with the other carriers, I have no idea, but I did my homework before purchasing Tether, so pass it on all you Sprint users...

04-17-10 09:01 PM
    If you have unlimited data, tethering does NOT add anything to your bill because you have UNLIMITED data...I got this info straight from a Sprint technical support rep, he told me that tethering doesn't add anything to a data usage plan that is unlimited and that was after I told him that I planned to purchase Tether. It does not violate any TOS with Sprint, that much I know, with the other carriers, I have no idea, but I did my homework before purchasing Tether, so pass it on all you Sprint users...

I'm not disagreeing with you, but where did you read the terms of service? Can you? I want to know so I can look it over myself.
    Thanks

Nevermind, I found it (I think).
    The rep who told you that was wrong. No other way to put it.
    This is what it says on Sprint's site:
    Services are not available for use in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame relay connections. Except with Phone-as-Modem plans, you may not use a phone (including a Bluetooth phone) as a modem in connection with a computer, PDA, or similar device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service without notice for any misuse or any use that adversely affects network performance. Availability of downloadable or streaming content is subject to change, including but not limited to television channels and radio stations. If user is not subscribed to a data included plan or add-on, pay-as-you go charges are incurred when using data applications and services.
    Here's the link so you can read it:
    Terms & Conditions

That being said, it still isn't illegal, just against the TOS. As far as right or wrong, it's subjective and no one has more than an opinion on it.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 04-17-10 at 09:16 PM.
    04-17-10 09:08 PM
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but where did you read the terms of service? Can you? I want to know so I can look it over myself.
    Thanks
    I asked the tech about that b/c of all of the "urban legends" about Tether, and he told me that it doesn't violate the TOS b/c basically its your phone and you can throw whatever 3rd party apps you want into it, Sprint just won't take responsibility for the apps screwing up your device, which I don't blame em...

04-17-10 09:13 PM
    Thanks

Nevermind, I found it (I think).
    The rep who told you that was wrong. No other way to put it.
    This is what it says on Sprint's site:
    Services are not available for use in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame relay connections. Except with Phone-as-Modem plans, you may not use a phone (including a Bluetooth phone) as a modem in connection with a computer, PDA, or similar device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service without notice for any misuse or any use that adversely affects network performance. Availability of downloadable or streaming content is subject to change, including but not limited to television channels and radio stations. If user is not subscribed to a data included plan or add-on, pay-as-you go charges are incurred when using data applications and services.
    Here's the link so you can read it:
    Terms & Conditions

That being said, it still isn't illegal, just against the TOS. As far as right or wrong, it's subjective and no one has more than an opinion on it.
    Sprint has discontinued Phone-as-Modem for what reason i cannot recall, so i think this particular TOS link is outdated
    04-18-10 06:43 PM
    Cool. Sounds good to me lol.
    I know they never offered PAM for SEP, but I didn't know they discontinued it entirely.

04-18-10 07:04 PM
    Cool. Sounds good to me lol.
    I know they never offered PAM for SEP, but I didn't know they discontinued it entirely.

that was the first question i asked the rep, if they offered Phone-as-Modem, and he told me that they just recently discontinued it....and that was the beginning of March, so i asked him about Tether and what i posted above was what he told me
    04-18-10 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD