Just got an email from mobihand that tetherberry was updated to version 1.1.0, and is now just called "tether". I didnt see this posted anywhere else, but I grabbed the update and it looks totally different now. Seems to work just as well too.
    01-07-10 01:15 PM
    Yep and it supports bluetooth apparently now as well. Haven't tried it yet but I am excited too.
    01-07-10 01:40 PM
    Yep and it supports bluetooth apparently now as well. Haven't tried it yet but I am excited too.
    Oh wow i hadnt noticed that. I'll have to try that out later too!
    01-07-10 01:47 PM
    been using this version since beta testing about a month ago, works great with bluetooth, no wires ever again!
    01-07-10 02:03 PM
    are upgrades included in the purchase price? I just bought it this week, and I have 1.0.10
    01-07-10 02:16 PM
    free upgrades
    01-07-10 02:38 PM
    are upgrades included in the purchase price? I just bought it this week, and I have 1.0.10
    Upgradees should be. I just got an email regarding the update & when I did, it was free.
    01-07-10 02:38 PM
    I also have been testing this for about a month now with some fairly heavy usage. Both USB and Bluetooth are working well with the new client.
    01-07-10 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the info. But God forbid anything has the name "berry" in it unless it comes directly from RIM. I understand protecting a brand name but this is just silly IMO.

That would be like Apple going after anyone else who puts a little "i" in front of their product name. Anyone else find this a little annoying? Some of the renames are funny though....like "BeWeather"...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. LOL

/rant
    They changed their name because they are expanding into the android/iphone market, and it wouldn't make sense to have a droid app called tetherberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 01:34 PM
    i like the new 'T' icon for the newly named 'Tether'. i updated this morning and tested and it works great!

By the OP http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tet...tether-394596/

There's a few threads on the topic. No big deal though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 01:49 PM
    I uninstalled the old version and it updated fine on my XP laptop.

Can't get it to work on my Vista based laptop though. Error says something like: can't find BB, plug in the USB cable.

I emailed their support and await a response.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Tether several times with reboots in between, all with same issue. Seems to be a Vista driver bug in this updated version.

Update: I finally figured it out. It's not a Vista issue. The BB destop was not reading the BB at all when plugged in by USB even without Tether. I uninstalled BB Desktop it and downloaded a fresh copy from BB and now Tether works on both my laptops again.
    Last edited by expidia; 01-10-10 at 05:57 PM.
    01-08-10 02:47 PM
    Per the email I received, they've also reset the trial timer on any exisiting accounts, so if you used it for free before and your trial expired, you get another shot!
    01-08-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD