So, I'm trying to use the tetherberry with my new tour. But I'm having a lot of difficulty with it. Is there someone that could possibly help me.? I'm new to the tour. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.? Ahh it's frustrating.
    08-10-09 01:19 AM
    I tried Tetherberry too and found that it failed to properly connect. In the end, I went a different route and saved the $49.99.

Simply upgrade your Blackberry Desktop Manager to version 5.0 (if you haven't already) and setup a dial-up connection to #777 using the USB connection. Works very well and I'm getting 1.0Mbps down and .48Mbps up on Sprints EVDO network.
    08-10-09 01:36 AM
    It works fine for me on my laptop. Just launch the program on your computer first, it'll wait for you to launch it on your Tour.

What OS are you using? It works on my Windows 7 (64 bit), so I'm assuming it should work for 32/64 bit versions of Vista. And of course, XP is a given...

Also, does your Blackberry properly connect to your PC for other purposes (Desktop Manager, USB Mass Storage, etc)? Maybe the drivers didn't install properly?

There are quite a few factors at play here...
    08-10-09 01:57 AM
    Mine use to be horrible but I upgraded to the new mac beta and it has been MUCH better.
    08-10-09 03:20 AM
    OHHHH, I wasn't opening the desktop first.! Now it's working! That's awesome. If it works quick it might be worth my buying.
    08-10-09 03:25 AM
    Hope you all get charged for your usage .
    08-10-09 04:00 AM
    Hope you all get charged for your usage .
    Warning -- the morals police are making the rounds around here. You know, the people that never, ever do anything wrong or questionable in their whole life.
    08-10-09 05:20 AM
    So...It sounds to me that there is a place that Tetherberry can be found for free...I want in..LOL. Where can I find this? I am new to BB, w/Tour, and I must say that I could kick myself in the rear for hating for so long..BB is awesome!
    08-10-09 05:34 AM
    So...It sounds to me that there is a place that Tetherberry can be found for free...I want in..LOL. Where can I find this? I am new to BB, w/Tour, and I must say that I could kick myself in the rear for hating for so long..BB is awesome!
    um that isnt what they were referring to. tetherberry is against tos on vzw and i believe sprint.
    08-10-09 07:39 AM
    Gotcha. This is my first BB so I didn't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 07:56 AM
    Warning -- the morals police are making the rounds around here. You know, the people that never, ever do anything wrong or questionable in their whole life.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-10-09 08:22 AM
    Honestly, its not much different than using the BB, and sending the data to your laptop to render. As long as your not torrenting, i dont really see the difference, its the same web, just different rending device.. I can sit there and watch youtube on my phone, why i cant send that data to my laptop and watch it there is beyond me.
    08-10-09 09:16 AM
    I tried Tetherberry too and found that it failed to properly connect. In the end, I went a different route and saved the $49.99.

Simply upgrade your Blackberry Desktop Manager to version 5.0 (if you haven't already) and setup a dial-up connection to #777 using the USB connection. Works very well and I'm getting 1.0Mbps down and .48Mbps up on Sprints EVDO network.
    This method is not possible on VZW
    08-10-09 09:24 AM
    Ahh is that why that didn't work for my tour!
    Tetherberry works great on my dell xps and mini. Its good enough for web browsing, but I am waiting for them to release a BT version of it

08-10-09 09:26 AM
    I've been using tetherberry for a few months now,initially with my BBcurve 8330,I haven't conducted any tests on the speed but its compar
    Able to dial up in my opinion,BUT one thing I must say is that I noticed a difference NOW that I'm tethering with the TOUR vs. When I was tethering with the Curve 8330,seems like I've got a slightly Faster connection with the
    tour,,I love this program even more now,the tour and my HPmini notebook go with me everywhere.
    Last edited by MAXIMUS1000; 08-10-09 at 11:50 AM.
    08-10-09 11:28 AM
    I have Tetherberry working on 3 Tours in my house. (I caught it on sale for $24.99)
    My wife's Tour went back to Verizon b/c of a dead trackball. Now Tetherberry won't work. I went to the website and updated her profile with the new PIN. The new phone connects to the internet fine. It connects to her laptop fine. Tetherberry can't connect the the internet though.
    My question is, is there a setting from the old phone that went over to the new phone that can mess up Tetherberry? I used the wizard to transfer the settings from the old phone to the new phone. Maybe something from the old phone is messing up the new one?
    12-31-09 05:20 PM
    I use TetherBerry with my Tour. I picked it up when it was the Deal of the Day a few months ago. <3

12-31-09 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD