ok i have a question i have a sprint curve 8330 and i just downloaded the trial version of tether and it is crazy slow is this just a sprint problem or what. my friend also has sprint and he bought tetherberry and he has the curve 2 and he said the same this that it is very slow! Is there a setting that we have to change or is this just slow because of the sprint network. we both used to tether through sprint (usb and bluetooth) and it was impressively fast now that they have the block up we tried tether and it simply is not cutting it if there is a setting to change then i will try it with the trial version but if there is nothing to change then i wouldn't even buy it when its half off. Please Help! THANKS ALL!!!
    01-09-10 04:55 PM
    I recently purchased this as well and unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you and your friend with the slow as molasses speed...
    01-11-10 01:27 PM
    I'm on Sprint, use to tether via smartview and now using tetherberry and having great speeds. It will probably depend on your cell reception, but last night with only 3 bars I got speeds up to 1100k testing on the speakeasy speed test website.
    01-11-10 01:39 PM
    Damn, that's insane! What sucks is in my house I have full bars with 1XEV and I couldn't even get Speedtest to load!
    01-11-10 01:46 PM
    I too am using the newly branded Tether app with a Sprint 9630 Tour and am receiving great speeds. Did a speedtest a couple days ago with about 3 bars and received about 1060 kbps downstream. Not too shabby!

I also hear that speeds on a Curve 8330 will be substantially slower then a Tour 9630. Can't remember where I read that though, possibly in the Tether.com forums.
    01-11-10 02:08 PM
    sh*t, ya im on att but i wo na copy of tether and i cant even get a speedtest website to load! its really really bad...
    01-18-10 10:24 AM
    i just recently switched from Verizon's rip off VZ Access tether service to the tether program. I think its fast (definetely for what I do.) Since the upgrade which i did this morning, it seems to be even faster. Could just be your network.
    01-18-10 11:42 AM
    I've noticed that, when I turn on tether, my reception immediately plummets, judging by my bars. Then, after I've gone from 3 bars to 0 bars, just by launching the tether app, my speed is slower than Christmas. Any ideas?

-Stephen
    02-10-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD