I am currently on the 7-day trial. I think it's awesome! So cool, I'm at work using Facebook, MSN, etc. But I had a few Q's.

1. Why does the BB logo next to the 3G icon disappear when I use this app?

2. I will get the 9800 as soon as it gets out, so if I buy it for my 9700, will I need to buy it for my 9800 as well?

Thank you!
    07-16-10 11:24 AM
    Not sure what you're saying in number 1, but the second question...no, you shouldn't have to re-purchase it. I upgrade my phone from an 8330 to a 9650 and was able to just change my PIN at the app store - everything works fine.

Careful how much you use Tether, though. Your carrier might have a cap on the amount of data you move and may charge you (even if you have an unlimited plan - it has a cap). Might want to do some homework before using Tether too much. Don't get me wrong, I think Tether is great and I use it all the time, but you have to use it sparingly.
    07-16-10 11:36 AM
    You can transfer the license 1 time.
    07-16-10 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the answers. I once heard the plan was like unlimited but 1GB only or something like that. But I just called my carrier and asked them, I recorded the call, they claimed its completely unlimited, so I have my proof is something happens! Lol.
    07-16-10 12:06 PM
    Well, unlimited is unlimited for Blackberry, but sometimes they have a 5gb soft cap for tethering.

I've heard it suggested that if you're planning on using Tether, you should slowly increase your usual monthly data usage so that it isn't suspicious if you have a sudden spike in data. Like, for example, if you average 200mb of data and then suddenly have a month where you use 2gb, it can cause a red flag. But if you slowly increase your usage (like 200mb one month, then 400mb the next, then 600mb the next after that) then it won't look so obvious.

As in - don't use your 7 day trial to stream movies.

Just a suggestion - I know some carriers are super strict about tethering and will charge you tons of money if you get caught. Tethering without a plan is against your TOS on your contract - but if you're careful with it you should be ok.
    07-16-10 12:35 PM
    Awesome help guys! I don't stream movies just facebook really! I don't think they are too strict with this, my country is very... soft? 99% of people or even the staff on the carrier don't know what tethering is. People at my office are like WTFBBQ?!?!1?? Because I'm doing this.
    07-16-10 02:44 PM
    Tether can be switched between numerous phones you just have to download Tether on your new device and enter your registration code. This will activate Tether on the new device and de-activate it on your old device.
    07-20-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD