I wanted to let everybody know that Tetherberry is 1/2 off until Friday, October 2. I know that this is the day I had been waiting for because I think Tetherberry is a terrific program but the usual price is to rich for my blood.....Anyway, just use the coupon code "tberry50" to take advantage of this great deal. I use tetherberry on a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard and have nothing but praise for the program......easily one of my top 5 Blackberry apps......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:22 AM
    Can you explain where/how you enter this offer code? I cannot find anyplace offering this.
    09-29-09 03:24 PM
    Sprint cut off tethering through DUN and Smartview.

Get Tetherberry. There is a special through Crackberry's third party shopping cart Mobihand. $24.97 until Oct 2nd. (regular price $49.95)
    Tetherberry makes it seem as though you are using your own handsets data stream. Just make sure you don't exceed your 5 Gb monthly limit. If you want to watch streaming movies or download large files, use your home DSL or go to Coffee Bean.

Use coupon code tberry50 at CrackBerryAppStore.com

I just bought it and it rocks!
    Last edited by skd1970; 09-30-09 at 11:23 AM.
    09-29-09 04:44 PM
    Holy Christ, talk about rape. This app is a rip off at the 1/2 off price of $24.97. There should be a coupon code of "screwedyouforeverypennyyouhad" lol
    09-29-09 04:59 PM
    Holy Christ, talk about rape. This app is a rip off at the 1/2 off price of $24.97. There should be a coupon code of "screwedyouforeverypennyyouhad" lol
    How I this app a rip off??? Even at the regular price of $49.95 it is a one time fee. Verizon charges $30 per month to have the same feature........if people are willing to pay $30 month, how can a one time $49.95 fee be a ripoff????
    09-29-09 07:21 PM
    I paid full price when the app first came out and I have been loving it since. I have no home internet service and have had not one single issue from AT&T as far as tethering charges. Well worth the asking price, I've just saved a years worth of home internet costs. At 3G speeds, I hardly notice a speed difference from the FIOS I dumped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:49 AM
    sprint just cut me off will tetherberry work
    09-30-09 07:33 AM
    I will wait until there is bluetooth support, I hate wires....
    09-30-09 08:27 AM
    just downloaded the free trial. tethered as i write this works great getting about 1mbs pretty good. Why the 5gb monthly limit though if i have the unlimited data. as long as i dont download anything huge? streaming radio feeds are ok i would guess and maybe some hulu?
    Last edited by mobilesat69; 09-30-09 at 08:48 AM.
    09-30-09 08:34 AM
    I have 2 blackberrys in my household. A Tour & a 8330. Is this app attached to your BB's PIN# ? Do I have to purchase this app twice? Does the app install to your laptop or BB...or both?
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 09-30-09 at 09:49 AM.
    09-30-09 09:39 AM
    I have 2 blackberrys in my household. A Tour & a 8330. Is this app attached to your BB's PIN# ? Do I have to purchase this app twice?
    I believe it is attached to your PIN #. But if you use the 50% discount available until Friday, you can buy two for the price of one.

Use coupon code tberry50 at CrackBerryAppStore.com
    Last edited by skd1970; 09-30-09 at 11:24 AM. Reason: link
    09-30-09 09:48 AM
    I believe it is attached to your PIN #. But if you use the 50% discount available until Friday, you can buy two for the price of one.

Use coupon code tberry50 at h t t p://software.crackberry.com/productMobile.asp?id=27826]CrackBerryAppStore.com
    Thanks...Any software required to install on the laptop or just the Blackberry?
    09-30-09 10:33 AM
    What would be the recomended way to use this product and stay off the vzw radar at the same time? Has anyone really truly ran into an overage issue?
    09-30-09 10:58 AM
    Thanks...Any software required to install on the laptop or just the Blackberry?
    The following is the software for your PC or Mac.
    * Windows Version:
    http://tetherberry.com/d/setup.exe
    * Mac Version:
    http://tetherberry.com/d/TetherBerry.dmg

Here is the app you have to install on your Blackberry.
    http://tetherberry.com/d/tetherberry.jad
    ( it runs for a 7 day trial then you have to purchase it, again it is linked to your PIN#)

What would be the recomended way to use this product and stay off the vzw radar at the same time? Has anyone really truly ran into an overage issue?
    Since the app runs through their own servers, it appears as if you are simply accessing websites and data through your handset. They only issue is if you have a "unlimited data" cap...such as Sprint's 5gb a month. If you do, keep an eye on your monthly data usage.
    Last edited by skd1970; 09-30-09 at 11:09 AM.
    09-30-09 11:04 AM
    * Windows Version:
    * Mac Version:

( it runs for a 7 day trial then you have to purchase it, again it is linked to your PIN#)

Since the app runs through their own servers, it appears as if you are simply accessing websites and data through your handset. They only issue is if you have a "unlimited data" cap...such as Sprint's 5gb a month. If you do, keep an eye on your monthly data usage.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me...
    09-30-09 11:13 AM

does verizon have a cap? i spoke with customer service tonight and they said only if u get the tethering through them that it would have a 5 gig cap.. im on the 29.99 unlimited web and email data plan
    09-30-09 07:22 PM
    does verizon have a cap? i spoke with customer service tonight and they said only if u get the tethering through them that it would have a 5 gig cap.. im on the 29.99 unlimited web and email data plan
    If you have unlimited data (web and email) than you technically don't have a cap, but check your contract. It probably has a provision in it regarding data usage. If they see a huge jump in your data usage, usually over 5 gb, they will probably assume you are tethering. I say get the tetherberry app but watch your data usage. Try to fly under the radar.
    09-30-09 07:30 PM
    * Windows Version:
    * Mac Version:

I have verizon unlimited 29.99 package, am i clear? Some folks have been complaining about the tos, would i be in vioation and how easy would it be for verizon to look ingo this. Would this pretty much be safe or no?
    09-30-09 08:21 PM
    Tetherberry runs like any other app you use. Slacker Radio, Pandora, etc. So unless they stop you from actually downloading an app to your phone, they really can't tell your using Tetherberry from any other app.
    10-01-09 02:32 PM
    Wait a second, maybe I misunderstood how this app works. You buy the app, use it and Verizon can't tell you are tethering because they think you are just browsing the web and looking up stuff on your blackberry. Is that correct?
    10-01-09 05:35 PM
    Thanks for the discount code, I'm Tethering as we speak! I have Telus unlimted data for $15 a month.
    10-01-09 05:57 PM
    Wait a second, maybe I misunderstood how this app works. You buy the app, use it and Verizon can't tell you are tethering because they think you are just browsing the web and looking up stuff on your blackberry. Is that correct?
    That is correct.
    10-01-09 07:22 PM
    hmmm in that case I apologize. This is worth the money. I may have to download it.
    10-01-09 08:33 PM
    Has anyone on the verizon network using tetherberry experienced a big overage charge and termintation of contract?
    10-01-09 09:31 PM
    Where is the link to download for half off? I tried to purchase through the CB Store but there wasn't an area to enter the coupon code for half off.
    10-02-09 10:52 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD